WTB - 30" Krieghoff K-80 "Heavy" 12 ga. Barrel

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by Marc Elliott, May 26, 2024.

1. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

I am searching for a 30" Krieghoff K-80 "heavy" 12 ga. barrel to go with my other 12 ga. barrel with Briley tubes. The barrel that I'm searching for is the one whose weight is approximately the same as the other barrel once you put in the tubes. It doesn't matter if your "heavy" barrel is fixed choke or not. I know there were not many of these heavy barrels manufactured but I've seen them on the market in the past. Please give me a shout if you have one and are willing to part with it. It must be 30" though. Thank you.

2. Bill G

Bill G Member

You're a month late. Sold a nice one. Original. 1500 bucks......my main purpose for replying is this. I found it to NOT be a direct cross over. There will be approx 2-3 oz of difference and the balance will be slightly off. That said I found the recoil of even 7/8 oz in 12 ga knocking me out of the gun on dbls. It may or may not affect you. I'd
    get a 10 oz weight and stick it on your current barrel. Play with it. You will be better off as you can balance it out. Go to Allen McCannon's site to properly set the balance weight of your gun at the butt and muzzle to match your tubes..............good luck Oh BTW......I gave up on autos again here recently. Craig Kirkman and Giabrone proved you do not need 12 ga in skeet.

Hitman likes this.
  3. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

Thank you so much, Bill. I’m like you, I can shoot the sub gauges just as well. But, there’s really something I like about shooting the 12 gauge.

4. Bill G

Bill G Member

Same as you. I LOVE shooting my auto but when your 20/28 averages are better there is a reason. I could not switch guns well. Criag Kirkman although a great shooter in 12 could not match his 20 ga scores, where we was national high average leader several times. I'll share his dads thoughts on going in to 12 ga with a 20. "you're going to a gun fight with a knife".........is what it is. Good luck. I been down this road for 20 years and its still not settled...........

5. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

I have one

6. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

Can you tell me a little about it? Do you have any pics?

7. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

Nearly new. One of a very few that uses Krieghoff factory choke tubes , not thin walls …

8. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

Are they the titanium chokes like on the regular weight barrels? How much do you want for it?

9. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

Same thread. I would just include a couple of original steel chokes but yes you can use the titanium. Would make a great trap/ trap doubles or sporting clays all matching your tubes . Barrel weights never duplicate tube sets. Back to basic physics. Moment arm weight distribution

10. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

Are you certain this is a heavy barrel? Same weight as normal barrel with tubes? How much do you want $ for it?

11. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

Yes I am positive . I have owned several over the decades . I also have a couple of 28 inch

The others I have owned were straight skeet or Briley tubed.

I don’t believe the person above that claims they sold a factory K80 30 inch heavyweight barrel for $1500

btw wall thickness is what allowed them to factory choke tube a few of these barrels

The set I have sold for $4200 originally

Good luck finding one for that

btw again. Factory heavyweights have a square non adjustable middle barrel hanger

12. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

How much do you want for the barrel set?

13. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

$3177.77 and something to ship

14. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

I purchased a 28 inch heavy barrel from dupont krieghoff in December of last year for $1,800. Nice barrels but I’ve decided to go with the 30 inch instead. I’m hoping to find one in that same price range. By the way, I’m new to this site, what’s the deal with everyone asking odd prices such as 77.77?

15. Bill G

Bill G Member

I NEVER said a barrel was 1500 new. I sold the one I had to friend for 1500. The one I sold was a non choke tube skt/skt barrel. You are NEVER going to get the same balance changing barrels. Close? yes. Marc, you will probably have to open the channel in your forearm if you haven't already had to. The heavy barrel barrel tubes are a bigger diameter outside.....When I was searching for one I contacted Robert Paxton. He estimated the value as 1500-2200 depending on how bad someone wanted one. Unknown to me at the time a friend had a virtually new one and that is the one I bought. I sold it for what I bought it for. Friends helping friends......

16. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

You are not going to find a 30" factory choked heavy barrel for what Gene has offered you.

17. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

Bull Sh$$. Maybe a 28 inch. What is your friends name that you sold this factory K80 30 inch heavy weight barrel to?

18. Bill G

Bill G Member

So I am a liar? I can easily name who I bought it from and who I sold it to. I will tell you this. Guy I bought it from lives in Durham NC and who bought it lives in Faith NC...........I'll not put their names on the internet without permission. I guess it hurts when you see people helping each other and not trying to make a buck off them. I am not in this to make money....

19. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

You boys better get back to selling or buying.
    I see one guy looking for a barrel and one guy telling him he has one.
    All the other posts are worthless
    Fair warning

Flyersarebest

just joe likes this.
  20. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

I am not certain the two aren’t the same person. Both new accounts . That is why after he said he sold the 30 inch for $1500 I checked their profile

21. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

I promise you I’m not the other guy. I just bought a used K80 that has a 28 inch barrel with Kolar tubes and a heavy 28 inch barrel I bought from Wayne at DuPont Krieghoff. I have another K80 with the exact same set up including a heavy barrel but these barrels are 30 both the heavy and the other with Briley tubes. I shoot the 30 inch barrel gun better than I do the 28 inch barrel gun so I’m just trying to replicate so I have two K80s with the exact same setup.

22. loanman

loanman Moderator V I P

I have one, will post it tomorrow also have the matching barrel with full length 20/28/410 tubes

23. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

I’d love to see the pics. Thank you!

24. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

I’ve already ordered a new 30” barrel from Robert Paxton with Briley tubes so I’m only in the market for the heavy barrel. Just getting that out there.

25. loanman

loanman Moderator V I P

no problem Marc, will post it tomorrow with specs and photos and let you know

26. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

Sold mine. Thanks for the press. Still have 2 28s and one of those has factory choke tubes

27. Marc Elliott

Marc Elliott Member

I'd love to see the pics of your "heavy" K-80 barrel. I am leaving for vacation in a couple of days and hoped to find one before I leave. How much do you want for yours?

28. loanman

loanman Moderator V I P

sent you a PM Marc

Flyersarebest likes this.