Would you disrespect our flag ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Saul Morton, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Saul Morton

Saul Morton New Member

2. cwtech

cwtech Active Member

Not from disrespect for our flag, but ever since Biden's election, I've been putting my Flag stamps upside-down on every letter that I mail.

As you may be aware, flying our Flag upside down is a signal that our country is in distress.

I truly believe we are, as this is not the same USA I grew up in. ....My, my Dad's, and his Dad's generations fought AGAINST the principles this government/regime now embraces.

3. michigan_berry

michigan_berry Active Member

I fail to see the point of the OP and how it would even come close to “Shooting Related.”

4. Saul Morton

Saul Morton New Member

Is that Darryl Hayes in the picture - President of the ATA ? The ATA is a shooting organization that promotes the sport of trapshooting. Does this reflect the views of the membership ?

5. michigan_berry

That is a photo of Darryl doing his job as Deputy Chief of Detroit PD (he might’ve been Commander when that photo was taken). The PD attended all protests, marches, etc. that were going on in spring 2020 to ensure that they remained peaceful and safe and Darryl was a part of that effort. Personally I think a man doing a job as well as Darryl has, particularly one where his life is daily on the line in service of his community, reflects the attitude and leadership qualities I’d want in someone who’s running the ATA.

Larry Scott and BCB like this.
  6. Saul Morton

Saul Morton New Member

Looks like he is protesting and marching for BLM, not just attending or keeping the peace. Simply stated, BLM and flag KNEELING is not what the ATA membership STANDS for.

A deputy chief (or commander) would not be assigned to keep the peace, that would be rank-and-file.

Seems to have struck a nerve, must be pretty true.

John Trap likes this.
  7. michigan_berry

“Looks like” you have your mind made up. I know Darryl and what I already stated is absolutely true, whether you believe it or not. That said, if you have any doubts, questions or concerns about whether or not Darryl represents or has the ATA’s best interests in mind, I’d suggest reaching out to him or any of the other EC members.

8. Saul Morton

Saul Morton New Member

A picture is worth a thousand words. You’re right, that’s exactly what it looks like. Nothing to see here sounds like a Biden press secretary picking up the pieces. Doubling down on a lie doesn’t make it true, it only means you’re twice as wrong.

9. michigan_berry

Lol whatever you say. Clearly you have it all figured out.

10. 99PLUS

99PLUS Well-Known Member Founding Member

I have been doing the same thing. Did it when Obama was Prez too.

Larry Scott likes this.
  11. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

THE ENEMY HAS BROKEN OUR PARIMETER. THE CP IS OVERUN. call for an airstrike. send in the napalm. i'll die for my country to secure the CP.