Worst year ever for Ohio Registered Trapshooting?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by STaT mAn STaN, Jun 26, 2022.

1. STaT mAn STaN

STaT mAn STaN Mega Poster

I can’t find records that show an Ohio / ATA State Championship with poorer attendance. Reasons? Economy? Location? Cost of ammo? Sometimes stats lie.

2. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member V I P

3. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

John I agree. I don't understand why anyone who voted for him or supports democrats would be two faced enough to show their face at a trapshoot as the people they support are not only trying to destroy anything guns and shooting and the 2nd amendment, but also everything in our constitution and our way of life. If they don't like our country why don't they just go to a country that they like better. Everyone should start to realize that everything that the government gives you free you pay very dearly for.

Dave Berlet

rem90t, Elsie, oleolliedawg and 4 others like this.
  4. LCH

LCH Mega Poster Forum Leader

Prices and shortages were the norm before Biden was given office. Whomever was the culprit of the whole scamdemic is responsible for all the BS price hikes we are seeing today. But yes, all time high gas, shot, powder, primers, ammo etc. is likely to lead to a lower attendance at the Ohio State Shoot.

boiler1 likes this.
  5. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

''Potholes''

BRAD DYSINGER and T Jordan like this.
  6. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Old membership for one thing. The ATA has done nothing for 20 years to address that. The Poterfield's did wonders for the SCTP and the Kids shoot on Monday was the largest ever. The ATA has too many classes, too many categories, and too many "ribbon winners". The problem isn't just Ohio, it's every state around Ohio too.

Biden and the Democrats have screwed up the world but the ATA started Registered Shooting's downfall way before Brandon came along. "Thanks Neil and EC", because of their easy targets kick, is what you should be saying.

Just like easy money has caused what is happening with the economy, easy targets had the same affect on registered trap shooting. Inflation of scores led to less money. Inflation of cash lead to less goods. In the end both are making us pay the piper.

Elsie, mudpack, PaShooter and 3 others like this.
  7. Ed Budreau

Ed Budreau Active Member Founding Member

I do believe the economy and lack of shells/components has a lot to do with the poor attendance this
    year. With the high cost of fuel and shells something has to give. Families are gonna have to decide
    how to spend their entertainment dollars. When my 2 daughters shoot my cost triple in a hurry. If we
    all shoot everything at our State Shoot we go thru more than 14 flats of shells. That’s a big expense that
    some Families can’t afford right now. Plus cost of targets keep going up. I’ll continue to shoot all I want
    because I have the resources to do so.

8. It cost me 150$ to get my motorhome from Wooster to the Cardinal and back. Add 10 dollars a box shells with low availability and 40$ a hundred targets. I think you have a large part of your answer there..

plaw, BRAD DYSINGER and Flyersarebest like this.
  9. Trap007

Trap007 Member

When the handicap system worked, people came from all over to shoot. The Ohio and PA delegates have done nothing to cure that problem. Ironic right?

oleolliedawg likes this.