Winter skeet league

Discussion in 'Skeeters Corner' started by Basfshmn, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Active Member Founding Member

My trap team decided to shoot some skeet about a month ago, after shooting trap we took our trap guns down to the skeet field and had a absolute ball. We only shot singles and decided to join the winter skeet league. It starts tomorrow and wouldn't ya know it we have 5in of snow and the coldest day of the winter at 5 degrees and a ungodly wind chill. Rick

mach1cj likes this.
  2. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Good luck !! Let us know how it went.

3. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Active Member Founding Member

To follow up, I just couldn't shoot the league, it was to cold and the wind was brutal. We have three days during the week to shoot for that week. I'm going to wait for the weekend its supposed to get alittle warmer. Rick

4. tshoot1

tshoot1 Well-Known Member

Our Quincy Gun Club, Quincy, IL. has winter skeet league that runs 12 weeks Jan to April. Has 14 teams and all for fun and bragging rights. Can shoot Thur. Sat. & Sun. Can't get a summer league started but have 70 teams on Tuesday night in Spring League. 5 fields all with lights. JOE

5. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Joe, four skeet fields, five trap fields.

6. plaw

plaw Mega Poster

I use to be tough enough to shoot in that kind of cold, not any more.

7. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

At our club, Skeeters are like our like Wisconsins state insect -- shows up when the weather warms up and disappears when it turns cold .