Will this year’s decision about grand venue be permanent?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Mar 29, 2021.

?

Will this year’s decision about the grand be permanent?

1. If the ATA has to move the shoot they will not go back regardless of venue.

5.9%
  2. No big deal. The ATA wants Sparta only.

32.4%
  3. Non issue since most registered shooters won’t go.

2.9%
  4. The vendors need more money. They want a change.

29.4%
  5. It depends who wants the shoot.

8.8%
  6. If it goes to Ohio it will never go back to Sparta.

47.1%
  7. If it goes to Missouri, It will never go back.

26.5%
  8. If it goes to AZ, it will never go back.

2.9%
  9. Once in San Antonio always in San Antonio.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Too many will attend if it is in Ohio.

47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

Soon we will have.anther decision about the venue for the ATA flagship shoot. May 1 appears to be that date. Will this be an ongoing debate?

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The site in Illinois has established it self as a less then desirable location being as there are no amenities in the general area to draw a crowd other than Wal Mart ... The attendance records accumulated over the past 15 years show it and proves the point ... Some shooters will attend regardless of location because they anticipate collecting a pay check by playing the options, so the less shooters all the better for them by increasing the odds of them at least breaking even ... If it were for the betterment of the Organization and the members the WSRC would of been walked away from at least a dozen years ago ... Illinois is not stable because of the financial situation they are in, that will not be going away or changing anytime soon ... Deal with the Devil and you will get burned ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Seitz9010

Seitz9010 Mega Poster

Have you been to the Cardinal Center? Did you ever go to Vandalia? If not you wouldn’t understand the numbers of trapshooters that are in OH and PA.

The turnout would embarrass the elitist that control the sport.

Ohio has 4 of the 6 largest shoots. Why would they want it? The CC would have 3500 in the gah again. That is not what the ATA wants. The elite want power and control. They won’t get that in Ohio.

4. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

The Executive Director has a gun business in Sparta. Got questions?

5. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

I think the above statement is the environment Ohio is trying to avoid. Between their shoots and their trapshooting brothers in PA, they have everything. Sparta is no Vandalia, and i would rather shoot at PA or the CC than pay a dollar in a gun hating state.

6. bpd20

bpd20 Well-Known Member Founding Member

I could care less where they have the Grand but I will say it sure eats at you guys day and nite. Life is way bigger than a trap shoot to me.
    It will be what ever it will be, where ever it is. Go if you want or don't. And yes, I was at Vandalia 5 times==loved it & could not wait to go. Even took my son when he was a young 15 year old snot. I have a video I filmed on the tram of the entire vendors row and inside a couple stores.

oleolliedawg and Brad M like this.
  7. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

Hi Bpd20
    You said:
    It eats at some more than others. I know a vendor that lost $6,000. Some people need to make vacation plans.

How about those aim kids that didn’t get to participate in all their events last year? How about the College kids that almost missed their Championship event a few years ago because Sparta was shuttered.

It sounds like the world revolves around you. The stupid decisions the ATA makes doesn’t harm you. To others the decisions have ruined their favorite sport.

As someone else said....most decisions made by the ATA are to prop up a venue. They are not made in the best interest of trapshooting.

I hope your son has a little more empathy.

8. Wilson

Wilson Member

Who doesn’t think it is comical? A huge gun org waiting to hear from an anti gun politician as to whether they might be permitted to compete at their home grounds this year.

You can’t make this up!

9. wpt

If it was their home grounds they would own it, they don't therefore they are renters at the disposal of the owners ... Yes, it is still comical ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  10. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

The history of the word grand. Ohio and PA made it what it was. And it was GRAND.

Illinois made it what it is. Very sad. Please keep Lynn’s thugs in Illinois. We are doing fine.

11. rickyd

rickyd Active Member

The OSTA would get a huge chunk of money if the shoot was in Ohio. They get money for every registered target.

12. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember when the Grand was in Vandalia the OSTA DIDN"T get compensation for the targets during the Grand because Vandalia was the home grounds of the ATA. Things sure changed when Illinois became involved. There was talk about the OSTA going after the ATA for compensation for those targets, but I don't believe it was ever pursued.

Dave Berlet

Roger Coveleskie and wpt like this.
  13. wpt

Dave ,
    The ATA probably (?) exempted it because of the number of targets anticipated being put in the air (strictly a guess ) ... I would have no idea if the OSTA ever agreed to it or not, if not they sure as hell should have recourse ... Lots of $$$$$$$$, plus interest ... WPT ... (YAC) ...