Will the last trapshooter roll up the cord

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Elsie, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

Between the Covid and now the ammo shortage will the last trapshooter left roll up the cord and turn off the electricity.

It's been a year since this we got to "flatten the curve" by shutting everything down for 2 weeks. March 2020 we shuttered our club for 2 weeks to flatten the curve. That 2 weeks turned into us being shut down in March, April, May, June. They had a shoot in mid summer then it went back to lockdown again in the fall. So basically our little club has been shut down for a year. After being shut down so long people have moved on to other things. I've talked to several shooters who are into other things now and trapshooting isn't a high priority anymore. One guy went back to fishing, another got his 56 Tbird out and started going to car shows and drive-ins, another guy is riding motorcycles, another took up ATV riding with his sons and grandsons. They didn't say they are never coming back but.......... the handwriting is on the wall. Me - I didn't go to our first shoot this year because I just couldn't find the ammo. I'm down to around 700 - 800 shells and I'm not shooting it if I can't replace it. Tomorrow night we are having a game shoot at our club - I won't be going because of ammo shortage. From what I hear it doesn't sound like many others will be there either. Hope I'm wrong.

Sad, will the last person please turn off the electricity after you fired the last shot.

2. jamesbalog

jamesbalog Mega Poster

What good is having 700-800 rounds of ammo sitting on your shelf?

go shoot the games and have fun

3. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Life is way to short not to do what you love! -- club shut down for two months last year -- We went out and bought a 12 volt thrower and picked up 1000 unbroke birds at the club and shot anyways --There is shells and powder out there, you just have to work at it .--Have to much invested in this sport to give up on it because the shell take a jump in price. --Bright side is if enough people drop out I just might win a shoot!

Roger Coveleskie likes this.