Why not have an INVASION of the ATA Meeting in Sparta

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

AZCO

I asked you the following question...
    Waiting for that answer.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Our most popular local trap club always shot wider angles. I broke 74/75 last week and 73/75 the week before. In the big scheme of things if you stink at shooting you'll always stink regardless of how wide the targets are set. Best thing would be to introduce a 2-3-4-5 hole progressive event and leave all else alone. Everyone stays happy and that might even encourage 221's son-(smoking357) to take up shooting again-provided he can afford shells!

3. AZCOTRAP

AZCOTRAP Mega Poster Founding Member

I did not attend the State shoot this year, because of some health problems of a family member.

But what does it matter what my vote was if I could or did and what vote are you talking about?

The one that changes the wording that removed the words "two hole" that referred to machine settings and then replace those two words with specific parameters that including settings for both 2 hole AND 3 hole? A rule that allows clubs the option to use either the minimum or maximum settings, but choose to use the minimums?

4. oleolliedawg

First of all, a much wider angle target penalizes some clubs more than others. Take a club that faces South and throw a 3-holer and you'll soon be looking at an empty parking lot. Those clubs with good visibility and faced in the correct direction likely wouldn't see much a reduction in scoring. Kay Ohye's handicap average went UP .5% the year we threw 3-holers. Top shooters are relatively unaffected by wider angles!

5. AZCOTRAP

Come on Ollie, Doctor is waiting for your answer. If you had an event with two hundred shooters, would you set the machine at the minimum settings or at the higher settings at the request of one shooter.

I chose one shooter to equate to equate with the handful of shooters who want harder targets out. 28,000 members. I am sure that is a lopsided number.

But what if it was 5 shooters? Ten? Twenty?

6. Family Guy

AZCO
    I asked you the following question:
    You have not supported your state shoot. You could not have been there for a vote. You haven't been there for a long while. Continue to tell us how you got the numbers from a shoot you do not support.

And then you explained how important our members are when you acknowledged the 20,000 we lost. Your description of them:

Probably members we do not need anyway, apparently not committed to the sport.

7. AZCOTRAP

What numbers did I give? I never said I did not support trap shooting this year, I have have shot targets this year, like I said I could not attend the State, but it was not by choice.

Your the one making the wild claim of 20,000 lost with no documentation, I am being as flippant as you are. Prove what you are saying is true.

By the way, are you at the Grand this year? If not, why not?

8. Family Guy

Prove what. That we lost members. You know we have. You acknowledged it. So tell us why we did not need them. Tell us how you know they are not committed to the sport. Tell us how you know they did not attend their state shoot. Tell us you are more committed.

9. AZCOTRAP

Prove what?

Look family guy, you are the person saying we lost members because of easy target settings dictated by the ATA, you prove what you are saying.

There is no dictate for easy target settings. There are parameters for minimum and maximum target settings which allow the local clubs to set their targets within those parameters. The clubs are setting their targets at the lower settings. Whose fault is that?

10. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

I am getting a feeling the invasion has been canceled. The squabbling is likely to continue.

11. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

What needs to be said? The Governor just served layoff notices on all the WSRC employees.

12. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

AZCO: We have clubs shooting registered that are using the wider angles, just not advertising them, and I mam not naming them

13. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I would love to go to SPARTA, I have my new LEFT FOOT, got it a week ago, it fits great, but having problem with stump shrinking and using the sizing socks, Doc says not to wear it over 4 hours a day, Plus I fell this morning taking a shower and tore open some of the healing areas slightly, I want so much to try and address the ATA Meeting with my concerns for the sport of Trapshooting. I tried several years ago and was not allowed to speak, I love the SPORT OF TRAPSHOOTING, and despise the reasoning of making it easier as in a sport of perfection, which it was never designed to be, Men like NW destroy things that were never broken, and BROKE IT. With lies/backstabbing an ATA President, he has no morals or ideals, no ethics.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

14. dr.longshot

AZCO: Not making targets more difficult, just returning to the Target settings that stood for Years and Years

15. TGV011

TGV011 Active Member Founding Member

DLS -

This is consuming your life in an unhealthy way. Just move on and find something that makes you happy. Your time on earth is limited, use it wisely.

16. AZCOTRAP

DLS,

Those settings you want are shown in the ATA rulebook as legitimate targets which are allowed.

17. dr.longshot

If you are correct you need to point this out to his Higness NW, your mentor

18. dr.longshot

AZCO: original target rules were never allowed to be that narrow, explain that!!!

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

19. dr.longshot

OLLIE: You mean Trap 1 set at 2 hole, Trap 2 set at 3 hole, Trap 3 set at 4hole and trap 4 set at 5 hole angles, I could handle that, but your Highness NW won't agree with you

I forgot we have Pat Traps, no hole settings, + Pat Traps won't make 4 hole or 5 hole targets.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

20. dr.longshot

It is a challenge that I like and support 100%

21. AZCOTRAP

Because our largest shooting population are a bunch of confused grumpy old men who cannot handle wide angles, so in order to keep them in the fold, the targets were made easier. Now these people can shoot an 85 in singles and feel great about it instead of a 48 and feel miserable.

Re-read ollie's post you quoted. He said the same thing.

22. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

There is no need for any invasion of any meetings at the facility in Sparta, Ill because there is nothing that the ATA or State of Illinois can do to turn the perfomance of the facility around and make it a break even let alone profitable endevor ... They had 10 years, nothing has changed because nothing was changed ... You absolutely cannot keep doing the same exact thing over and over and expect a different results, anyone with half a brain understands that ... No changes, result in no changes (typed very slow so it can be understood) for those who do not understand ... The meeting in Sparta is going through the motions at this point in time, the time for change was 5 or so years ago, not yesterday ... They suggested putting up signs to "Welcome shooters" this year (after 10 years) , those signs existed in Vandalia from the very first time I went to the Grand there back in 1975 and I got to tell you I was surprised to see such things all over the town ... Here again Sparta, 10 years to late ... To invade the meeting would be a waste of anyones time and effort, besides upset a bunch of people it would prove nothing to anyone ... Let the hammer fall where it may, when it may and go from there ... Sparta is, was, and will always be a waste of space on the map of Illinois, nice town, nice people but still a waste of space ... It is not the place to put what was once the biggest trapshoot in America to convert it to the biggest little trapshoot in America, but it did ... The ATA was forewarned before they turned their backs to the members who used to support it what was going to happen, maybe next time someone will listen ... I seriously doubt it though ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  23. AZCOTRAP

Oh boo hoo hoo hoo.

Such a sad, sad thing. Oh woe is us., woe is us.

Hey WPT. We are constantly told OH, PA and MI is the ATA, so your saying the people from those States caused the demise of the ATA? Oh dopey me, I always thought the ATA was the general membership represented by their delegates. You make it sound like it is run by some giant entity that answers to no one, aside and separate from the membership.

24. oleolliedawg

Of course, it's a fun event!

25. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

wpt

Lynn Gipson said they have things going in a fantastic direction now.
    Something changed!

26. dr.longshot

AZCO: It is the ATA in this area, can you not see it, amount of Colorado Shooters do not even come close to the smallest state in the east.

GB DLS

27. AZCOTRAP

Gary,

Ohio represents two thousand ATA members, there are another 26,000 across the country.

Your numbers don't mean swat in the BOD meetings. You have one vote, just like the other 49 and the Provinces of Canada. Ohio IS NOT the ATA.

Get over it.

28. dr.longshot

Yes they have moving vans and semis lined up at the last day of the Grand, to haul Traps, Voice Calls and HOF items.

GB DLS

29. AZCOTRAP

That right, moving them to Texas.

30. dr.longshot

Why is Ohio one of the few states stepping up to the plate?

31. Family Guy

They mean a lot at the OH State Shoot, the Cardinal Classic and the Buckeye.

AZCO...I am shocked you care about numbers as you recently implied you did not care that the ATA lost 20,000 shooters recently.

How are the numbers at your state shoot? The one you boycott. Or do they boycott you as you are not part of the "us"?

32. AZCOTRAP

Family guy, you, DLS and all your minons are the number one reason the ATA left Ohio and we all pray to God it never returns there.

33. AZCOTRAP

DLS,

What is Ohio doing to qualify for "stepping up to the plate?"

So far, I have seen zilch. BTW how are you, family guy and smoking something doing out there at Sparta this week? I wish I could be there.

34. Family Guy

AZCO
    This is your subject and you did not answer.
    Are your ideas used there?

35. AZCOTRAP

I did not boycott any State shoot, fool.

My ideas are just one. Keep the ATA out of Ohio.

Are all Ohio people as ignorant as you? Oh, yeah, got Obama elected twice, didn't you.

Going to do some more important stuff now, will reply to your stupidity later this afternoon.

36. Family Guy

You did not tell us about the State shoot you say you represent but boycotted. 227 entries right?

Better chance of me going there than you?

37. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

For the most part there seems to be some exageration by the talking head of the ATA ( Lynn Gipson) and the numbers he is presenting to the State of Illinois about actual generated revenue in the area and around the WSRC ... The number he stated was between 20/30 million by all of the events held at the WSRC and the ATA supposedly generated 1.1 Million while the cost of operation and maintainance is $3,000,000 Million for a loss of 1.9 Million (actually $1,889,000 ) per the State of Illinois claims ... The ATA it seems would be much better off to shut up and let them do what they are going to do rather than contiue to present over inflated numbers and be deemed a bunch of lairs and unethical people to deal with ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

smoking357 likes this.
  38. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Sports organizations regularly lie about the economic impact of their events. An excellent website fieldofschemes dot com does good reporting on this subject.

Family Guy and wpt like this.