Where are all the missing items going at the WSRC?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Jun 17, 2017.

1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

This is a heads up that a very peculiar list of items missing from the WSRC is being finalized by some of the staff in the trenches.

Stay tuned. This is about more than just trolleys.

I report. You decide.

Merlo out

2. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Are any items missing from the Hall of Fame? Roger C.

3. merlo

Missing items vary such as pressure washer, picnic tables, and electronic equipment. These are IDNR owned items but.....they are items needed for the WSRC. It is only important to the ATA in an event the IDNR does not have the monies to replace them. Then just guessing it is on the backs of the ATA members to replace these.

wpt likes this.
  4. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Always seems to be the way when Off Site people are running the show.

State officials apparently have no clue out there as to what is going on.

Just who is really in charge of these items any way ?

Seems to me whomever it is, isn't paying attention to details, or just reports the details on a spread sheet with NO follow up.

With all these things missing, has there been an internal investigation by the State ?

It is no wonder they are broke !

The State of Illinois could only be so lucky as to have a MERLO around to ferret out the details.

5. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The State of Illinois is to broke to afford an investigation, probably pawning things ... The increase in taxes will not cover the deficit, but it will sure piss off the residents that have not left the State yet ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. History Seeker

When they found all of these items missing, Many $$$$$, was a police investigation ordered by the state ???

From the sounds of it, thousands of dollars worth of items are missing.

Something for Merlo to look into ?

7. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

I'm certainly not doubting you Merlo, but I've only heard rumor of missing items and though the stories have touted substantial losses of equipment and other items from the WSRC, to my knowledge, nothing has been reported on it and it apparently has not generated any interest for the local papers (The Southern's Illinoisan).

Sources say the WSRC usually suffers about $1,000 in lost inventory each year, but last year (2016) saw a huge increase in the number of missing/lost/stolen items. I too have wondered if it was ever reported to the police?

Has anyone heard the losses are substantial? Like in the thousands of $$$$? Like over $15K?

dr.longshot, History Seeker and wpt like this.
  8. bpd20

bpd20 Well-Known Member Founding Member

If the ATA doesn't own any of the supposed missing property why do you care? The State transferred all of the state employees to other State facilities. Quite possible they relocated the equipment too. The place is not closed completely, their are trap leagues, 5 stand leagues, Sporting Clays tournaments, & pistol competitions currently in place. True, the place is not what it could/should be & the State of Illinois is a financial trainwreck but I sure hope somewhere, somebody sees the mess of things they made & get it right. Seems every time any government gets involved in anything it is a mess. That is probably Cardinals saving grace, no government involved. Just a family that has a clue how to run it. JMO

9. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

bpd20....if it is missing and the WSRC needs it the members are paying for it.
    That would be a violation of the lease right?

10. merlo

You getting warm but only lukewarm.

11. dmp

dmp New Member

I think the missing tractor from Vandalia is still running well so obviously between the dishonest workers within the INDR and the ATA precedent was set long ago, some things will always go missing. These people don't want to steal, they just have too.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  12. History Seeker

bpd20 said: ↑

Quite possible they relocated the equipment too.
    That would be a violation of the lease right?

From what I have read in posts, the agreement was to use the trolleys on the grounds for shade for the shooters...I believe you are correct bpd20

13. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

It is hardly surprising to me that a few grand's worth of items are missing from Sparta, after all when the state pulled out it left the PROS in charge. I'm talking about the EC and ED the best pilferers known. I would love to see a list of the missing, but I am concerned that Punkin Flock me be on that list.

Seriously this thing that has happened at Sparta is the reason I was so against the HOF artifacts being sent there and put in a building the HOF doesn't own on property is doesn't own. I want to know are the same people guarding the HOF and its contents the ones guarding the state's property?

Who on here except Pipelayer will be surprised when this all goes to shit? Brad

Roger Coveleskie and wpt like this.
  14. wpt

The EC, ED, and BOD do not get called on to produce reports, records, or answer to the membership, that in itself is a Major problem and they are like a run away train ... They do what they want, when they want and if the membership does not like it they could care less ... The EC, ED, and BOD should be accountable to the members, none of this BS on a need to know basis ... The Respect and Integrity are long lost thanks to the way things are being done or not done is some or many cases ... It is truly a shame what the ATA has turned out to be after so many years of sportsmanship, Integrity and caring about the members were included in the daily operation of said organization ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  15. Roger Coveleskie

I would imagine if the true amount of items and money pilfered from the ATA was known it would boggle the mind of the average member. I'm including kick backs on purchases, unauthorized purchases, dishonest travel expenses, and out right theft of money and property. Taking others property by stealth is still theft. Even when the perp gets away with it. There is nothing more vile than a thief. They know who they are even if we do not.
    Any time you have people handling large amounts of money that have never done so, you are going to have a problem sooner or later. Someone will get sticky fingers and then if the other do not hold the line on honesty they have also fallen into the process. I have personally seen this happen in my business and also in a club I was affiliated with. Some of it was petty theft some constituted major crime. Crime runs rampant when honest men do nothing. Roger.

wpt likes this.
  16. dmp

dmp New Member

I think you'll find that along with the ATA on a national level the same thing happens at the state organizations where you have the same individuals in place for an extended period of time. People get comfortable in their positions and start to feel they are fine with a little stipend here and there. The majority of individuals elected never ran a business or held office before so the increased level of perceived self importance many times leads to wrongheaded thinking. Eventually they start to justify any and all their actions.

17. Roger Coveleskie

How long does it take a delegate to go thru the chairs to be Pres. of the ATA? Is this anything like being an apprentice?If so what does this entail? Does it mean how they are inducted into the good old boys club? Do they learn the rules of how to cover ones ass as they exploit the organization. Just a question I have ask my self over and over. Does anyone have an answer? I would sure like to know what it is. Roger C.

wpt likes this.
  18. wpt

Roger,
    Much of it depends on ones suction, some move rather quickly others need a lot more practice sucking up ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  19. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Has anyone checked the HOF items. If a gun or two is missing the ATF always shows up when called. I'm also worried about Punkin Flock, I haven't seen any resent evidence of her whereabouts. Brad

History Seeker likes this.
  20. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Well-Known Member Founding Member

Last I heard,she was driving around in a 51 hudson hornet.

21. History Seeker

Brad,

I guess we will find out if Punkin, guns and YOUR picture are still in the HOF museum when they open the place up in August.

Anyone know if they used moth balls while it has been dormant ?

22. overhandicapped34

overhandicapped34 Active Member

How many items can you put on a trolley? They must have a weight limit. Must be why they needed 4?

History Seeker likes this.