What happens in Vegas or Sparta!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by kirk, Jan 10, 2016.

1. kirk

kirk Member

You know the sayin "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". I want another sayin. What went to Sparta should stay in Sparta. The crooks should be banished to live amongst themselves.

Could be it is just me but I doubt it. I like what I have. Bringing that crap to the areas I shoot would ruin all that we have.

That element and people wont fit in. We don't tolerate the corruption. No reason for us to lower our standards. I think I am part of the majority.

I could not have it better.
    cc.jpg

Zieg132 likes this.
  2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Sparta, unlike Las Vegas does not have the financial resources to to support its wants, wills, and desires but could assess each house hold a Special $500.00 annual assessment to off set the State's failing budget ... This would only be right because the City of Sparta, reaps the harvest of millions of dollars (10) when the grand and people from all over the world and other places visit the area pumping a claimed 20/30 million dollars into the region ... The State could use the help and it would be a write off for the tax payers in Sparta and the general area (entertainment donation) and the fees at the WSRC could be increased considerably to cover any and all cost over rides ... The City of Sparta could impose a tax on all winnings of say 50% in addition to the Special assessments being paid by the residents ... This can be done, you just need to give it some thought and use your imagination ... Business 101, you can't pay out what you don't take in ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. wpt

AFSCME: RAUNER HAS DECLARED IMPASSE IN CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS
    LABOR / Article
    January 8, 2016
    Without a strike fund, AFSCME – which represents 60,000 state workers in Illinois – has avoided a strike. But since the union announced that the governor has walked way from contract talks, a strike could be on the horizon.

Today the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees announced that Gov. Bruce Rauner has declared an impasse in negotiations between the state and the union, which represents around 60,000 Illinois state workers.

The union’s previous agreement with the state, entered under former Gov. Pat Quinn, expired on June 30, 2015. Since then, Rauner and the union have been negotiating a new contract. Meanwhile, the state and the union have entered a “tolling agreement,” under which the state has agreed to keep paying workers their current salaries during negotiations.

If AFSCME doesn’t agree with the governor that an impasse exists – which it appears not to – then the Tolling Agreement requires that the Illinois Labor Relations Board decide whether an impasse actually exists. If the board concludes that there is, in fact, an impasse, then Rauner won’t be bound by the old bargaining agreement or have to keep negotiating with AFSCME.

The next step after that would presumably be a strike by state workers – an event AFSCME has apparently preferred to avoid because it has no strike fund.

TAGS: AFSCME: American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees, collective bargaining

4. wpt

AFSCME, RAUNER REACH ANOTHER DEAL TO KEEP TALKING
    LABOR / Article
    September 11, 2015
    Both the administration and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Council 31 have agreed to stay at the table until they reach impasse.

Gov. Bruce Rauner’s administration and the state’s biggest public-employee union have reached their third pact to continue contract talks without threat of strike or lockout.

This time, the extension or tolling agreement does not include an end date.

Instead, both the administration and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Council 31 agree to stay at the table until they reach impasse.

Should the talks stall, the administration and union could agree impasse has been reached or, should their be a dispute over that question, they agree to submit the matter to the Illinois Labor Relations Board.

If the matter is submitted to the ILRB, the tolling agreement remains in effect until the ILRB resolves the matter.

The deal was signed Wednesday and made public Thursday afternoon.

The agreement notes that two sides continue to disagree on step increases and semi-automatic promotions, and neither side concedes those issues.

All contractual rights that existed before the previous state-AFSCME contract expired at the end of June remain in effect. Both sides retain all of their legal rights.

The newest deal to keep talking follows a bruising political battle over the “no strike-no lockout” or interest arbitration bill that AFSCME supported and the governor opposed.

Senate Bill 1229, would have allowed mandatory arbitration should either the state or its unionized employees declare a bargaining impasse

Once the binding arbitration hearing began, a strike or lockout would have been prohibited. In the end, a panel of arbitrators would have picked from either the state’s or the union’s final offers on economic-interest items such as pay and benefits.

Democrats argued the bill only gave unionized workers a chance at equal footing with Rauner, whom they accused of wanting to break public-sector unions, especially AFSCME, which represents more than 35,000 state employees.

The GOP painted the bill as political gift to AFSCME and said it would take a tax increase to fund what would be a nearly guaranteed $1.6 billion or larger raise should the bill pass.

The bill easily passed through the Legislature in regular session, but it was vetoed by Rauner.

The governor’s veto was overridden in the Senate, but House Democrats last week came up three votes short in their override effort.

TAGS: AFSCME: American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees

5. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

wpt. I have heard of a no-strike clause which could result in fines to the union if a strike were to occur.

If your statement was not in error what is a no strike fund?

6. wpt

Not having a "Strike Fund" means if they do strike they do not get paid by the Union for walking a picket line ... The Teamster paid for line walkers , though it was not very much ... The State of Illinois employs over 60,000 Union (Organized) workers, that's a bunch and they can cause big problems ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Idea here....

What IF the State were to charge a daily admission fee to the State parks (Including the shooting complex) like perhaps $20.00 per person.

South Carolina does this (for a lot less fee, but none the less a daily fee) at the State Parks IF you are not a camper.

Gosh, they could probably more than afford to pay the union help with a "Toll" fee at the entrance.

Don't laugh guys and gals, this could actually happen to keep the place open.

wpt likes this.
  8. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Excellent idea. More money for the anti-gun politicians in Illinois. This would pass. We would need a gate at the entrances of the park.

9. marshrabbit

marshrabbit Member

The homeland security vans can collect the money.

10. wpt

The State actually has an unlimited amount of avenues and ways to cover all costs related to the facility, problem is it will eliminate the attendance completely and they know it ... Basically the State would have to triple all cost and fees to just break even based on what it has cost the State to cover the cost over the years plus the increases it will be facing for repairs and labor cost (Union Scale), plus health and welfare benefits ... The State employs over 60,000 (organized) Union Members and the possibility of any concessions or compromises on pay or benefits is not realistic, which has been proven many times over the years and none of them can care less about the ATA, trapshooting or what the facility does or does not generate in the local economy or region ... This is the plain and simple fact and the way it is when dealing with Unions and the State knows it, the ATA will eventually realize it by association ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. mdj67

mdj67 Active Member Founding Member

WPT
    You seem to mention "Union" and "Organized " in several posts in a negative way. Are you a retired Police or Fireman ??? Maybe you should give back your pension. Why do you even care what goes on with the ATA ? You don't shoot or plan on attending The Grand anyway.

12. wpt

I was a member of the Teamsters (20 + years total) before and after I got on the Fire Dept, worked and paid to keep my membership and benefits in force ... Not once have I mentioned the Union or Organized Labor in a negative way ( you may of taken it as such but nothing I have said about any Union or Organized Labor force is anything but positive) ... I earned my pension , so why would I give it back which is ridiculous for you to even say ... Union Workers are Organized Labor, they cover each others backs or did when I was active in the Union ... The Union is not going to compromise their members wages or benefits so the ATA can take over and run the grand in Sparta, Ill at reduced cost ... I actually have great respect for any and all labor forces that are organized (Union) and met most of my best friends during my course of employment as well as trapshooting ... I was not one of those guys who ran to the Union and bitched all the time, I went to the man I was working for (directly) and worked out any (if there was any ) problems to both of our satisfaction ... I will not shoot the grand because of the way the relocation was done, not because of its location (*for the most part) but because I do not support the State of Illinois and or the way the ATA has been doing business and taken advantage of the members ... I stand by my convictions and it shows ...

I joined the Union Local ( worked in 3 Locals 705, 673, 710, besides Operating Engineers Local 150)) because it was required, not based on desire but over the years gained great respect for them and what they essentially did to protect the members and was glad I did ... If the members of the ATA were as organized as any of the people in the Locals I was a member of the ATA would not be where or in the position they are in today ... I am and have been a Life Member of the ATA since 1975, (the second registered shoot I ever attended) and can remember when the ATA was a member organization that was not there to just support the EC, ED, and some of the BOD's expenses ... If you are going to read anything I post "Please" take note and read what I post , not what you think I posted ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. mdj67

mdj67 Active Member Founding Member

WPT
    Very nice response. I am a proud Union member as well. Sorry I misread your context. But the way you always talk so highly of Walmart and may have read between the lines on a few of your Sparta bashing posts. A guy has to stand up for what he believes in as I do with the 2nd amendment and Unions. Retired at 55 from Local 150. Most Union basher are just jealous and have no clue . I did just as you, did my job and had no problems , and will add never seen any of the most talked about by basher such as nobody working or can't fire a person, unskilled that type of shit! On another note this site has only one subject it ever talks about "Sparta" WTF. get over it.

14. wpt

I have also found over the past several years if anyone has an opinion of Sparta and the ATA being situated there that differs from others you are considered a Sparta basher, and nothing could be farther from the truth ... I actually have said on many occasions that Sparta (per-se) is the typical little rural town you can find all across America ... They do not have a lot going on or going for them when it comes to business and or business's unless like WalMart that has a multitude of products and is very diversified and has a selection of items that most people can find a use for to enhance (promote) business ... I own stock in WalMart so yes I promote that as a business which is usually just to bust some STONES because nothing I can say will convince people to shop there or not any way ... I look at the findings on the reports and can tell you there are more people who shop there than don't and I always "Thank them for their support" (sincerely) ... There is nothing I can or cannot do or say about Sparta that will drive people away from it if they want to go there, I won't be one of them going there to shoot or to support the State, the town, or the ATA buts that not to say I would not like to visit Sparta again, having been there before the ATA and grand was, I found it to be unique in many ways but typical of rural America ... Enjoy your retirement ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Mdj67
    In your discussion with WPT you two talked about Unions, , 2nd amendment, Sparta, and don't talk about Sparta, and unskilled union workers, WPT' job, and your job. That is a bunch of subjects. Yet you said there is only one subject here. I think most union fellows can count.

Mdj67, you say there is only one subject.
    Did you read the thanks but no thanks to Tom Burkey thread? It seems that only thread you want to respond to was this one.

MDj67 did you read the following threads?

Dysinger monologue
    Letter thread
    Alabama longshot
    MOU
    Presidential gun
    200 singles
    Cardinal Classic pictures
    Buckeye Pictures
    Terry Gun Vault new line of guns
    Year in review
    New fees
    Governors Budget
    ATA Stepping Back
    Leadership
    What Gipson needs to remember
    Paul Shaw straight talk
    HOF Lease
    Hubbart releases
    Gun control in Illinois
    Buckeye Classic
    Christmas Gun
    Cost of trapshooting
    Greetings
    ATA site down
    Moulton
    Glta
    Unsingles
    Happy Anniversary
    Letter to Morris
    New Org
    Randolph county flood
    Kastaway vs Doc
    Agenda Items
    Top News
    Price of shot
    Setting up ATA field
    Hunt For Punkin Flock
    HOF Lease
    Your first how many
    IDNR site
    Bucktails shoot
    minutes
    crazy winter
    merry Christmas
    Gathering info
    TM1 help
    Free yakkkerman
    Ywas the night before Christmas
    Property taxes
    Dysinger throw down
    Other associations
    Winchester 1o1
    P gun
    Beretta 682
    Wright Patterson
    Gipson redline
    Tri start
    Fab arms
    us open
    shoot 1oo only
    pita
    Sparta lease agreement
    3 orgs
    telephonic grand
    big don rematch
    shooting tourn makes me feel sick
    non registered event
    skeeters under bus
    Feb now
    Dick Baldwin

All the above subjects/threads on this page alone.

Tell us what subject you started and which one you commented on.

Your biggest statement is that we need to get over Sparta. Seems to me you need to get over Sparta.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
    wpt likes this.
  16. wpt

Friday (01-15-16) @ 3 PM. at the WSRC in Sparta, Ill they will make the official announcement ... In the mean time pray, for hope and change ... WPT ... (YAC) ...