What Happened To Life Members Voting Rights?

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Michael McGee, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Michael McGee

Michael McGee Mega Poster Founding Member

When attending the Grand years ago, I seem to recall the ATA life members getting to vote on some ATA matters. I was away from trapshooting for almost twenty years(1989-2008)and do not see this practice today. Did we lose these voting rights or am I wrong about this past practice? If I recall correctly, Dr. Longshot mentioned this loss of voting rights on the other forum. Could he or someone else fill me in on the changes that took place?

2. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

The ATA could not sell any ATA property, or move the Vandalia Grounds w/o explicit approval of the Life Members, I just read those minutes of the ATA minutes where they took executive action and removed the powers of the life members, it did read if the grounds were sold, the proceeds would be divided equally to the remaining life members of record, this happened when they RE-Incorporated in the State of Illinois. I did notice the ATA seal of 192? was used on the minutes of record, but now there is a date of 189? I will look at the minutes and report back w/exact dates being used. I think it is being wrongly used.

3. Michael McGee

Thanks for your reply. My certificate I was issued when becoming life member states incorporated under the laws of Delaware. Very interesting.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  4. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

Michael, Take the good Drs words with a grain of salt. .

5. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Believe what the good Dr. says about the right being stripped by the executive action that was taken. I'm not sure who made the motion. It should be in the records.

6. GW22

GW22 Mega Poster Founding Member

Could it have been...

wait for it...

that EVIL NEIL WINSTON once again?! :p

[GALLERY=media, 19][/GALLERY]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  7. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

On December 03 & 04 2004 Secretary Report states that Life members must vote to allow any sale of ATA property by US Mail in writing specific Line 968-980 in minutes report. Specifically Life member John Brandt Cert # 521 issued 8/24/1924 lines 948-981.

June 4th 2004 Vandalia Grounds Real Estate purchase was taken $2,023,997 line 86 ATA Life memberships were still in control at that time as far as I can tell, and the property could not be sold yet. Life members still had control.

ATA Minutes 8/11/2003
    One thing I did find is what I believe is/was a conflict of interest was the involvement of Mike Hampton working with the ATA and being retained by Illinois IDNR as project manager for the WSC He will be personally involved 3-5 years from this date Fwd 8/11/2003

Working with Jerry Beverlin Director of Land Management and Education Office IDNR 8/14/2003

April/13/2003 ATA is still using Corp Date Stamp 1923

March 2006 ATA Minutes line 169 for next annual meeting line# 185 more info following Dr.longshot

8. GW22

I believe Neil Winston has a son-in-law named Mike Hampton.

Probably just a coincidence though.

-Gary :p

9. dr.longshot

ATA minutes August, 2009 using ATA stamp 1889 not current article of corporation date

I have a lot of reading until I find the ATA Minutes where they took confrol of the Life Memberships I know there are 2 notes on it.

Dr.longshot

10. GW22

Note 1: "I move to take away all rights of Life Members." -Neil Winston
    Note 2: "I second Neil's motion!" -Neil Winston

[​IMG]

11. dr.longshot

I believe Mike Hampton was formerly involved with the NSSA at San Antonio

12. Michael McGee

Thank you Doc for your research.

13. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

The Good DR will get to the bottom of this. I will not be surprised if action was taken with out proper methods of removal of voting rights. When there is a lot of money involved things can get screwed up.

14. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Guest

Gary, could you check those referenced notes and the line numbers you cite? . I am hampered with an iPad and that makes it almost impossible. So far I haven't found there anything your text leads he to expect

I am sure you remember the many pages of scanned documents recounting why (IRS regs) and the when (mid 1950's or 60's) that Past-Secretary Seitz rounded up and I posted on ts. They answer the question posed by this thread.

15. dr.longshot

There you go N.W. citing non-pertinent info, I quoted all lines correctly in the proper dated Minutes, They are the Facts.

16. dr.longshot

Ken I am still reading minutes where the ATA took away the Life Members powers, I read them a few years ago, wish I had documented the date and lines, Maybe Mr. N.W. can give us them with his immaculate abilities, How about it N.W.?
    Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

17. dr.longshot

I called the ATA today and talked to the gentleman at 618-449-2224 ext 115 and he is going to look up the surviving Life members June 4th 2005 and the number of Life Members of this date, and will mail that info to me, and I gave him my new address for a new life member card he said he would do, When I asked to be xferred to the correct party to do this.
    Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

18. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Guest

How about this Gary? December 2004 EC meeting lines xxx to yyy. March EC meeting 2004 lines xxx to yyy. On this iPad I need all the help I can get.

Neil

19. dr.longshot

upon further reading of the Life Member certificates, there were 4 versions, but in 1955 The EC and BOD made revisions of the Life Member certificates when the ATA revised the corporation to a 501(C)7 so the powers of Our Life Member Certificates were just made to read no annual dues, the power was rescinded, In later years the wording was changed in the new Life Member certificates, but this was not a legal opinion of an attorney of record, but one by ATA secretary doing research. Was that done legally I don't know?
    Dr.longshot

20. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Question??????????
    Is Mike Hampton really Neil's son in law? Or is this more bull? Roger C.