West Virginia leaders unappreciated - you do it!

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Jul 10, 2017.

1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

Some leaders at Brooke County have gone unappreciated and informed others that it is time for them to step up to the plate. The State Shoot continued over the weekend but some outside help was brought in.

Thanks much to those that went out of their way to help WV but good help is hard to find.

Stay tuned.......

I report. You decide.

Merlo out

2. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I can verify That Every Year the same people/shooters, Work their Asses off w/o Help from other WV Shooters Help.
    Other Shooters from Other states help them run the shoot. I have worked at the Squadding Table in Past Years, so those could go shoot.
    It's not easy to run a shoot of that size w/o help from more WV Shooters.

Gary Bryant..................................Dr.longshot

3. Linda Viderman

Linda Viderman New Member

Martyr? Fact is, of the 283 shooters, only 63 live in West Virginia, and most of those 63 WV shooters live hours away from Brooke County. Nevertheless, over a dozen members of the ATA Team (out of town WV shooters) worked incredibly hard at the shoot. Only seven shooters even belonged to Brooke County. One quit two weeks before the shoot, four worked their tails off for the shoot, the sixth was a minor, the seventh an out-of-state whiner. Two of those four who worked, didn’t get to shoot. The whiner did shoot but didn’t work. In addition, another 16 non-shooting, non-ATA, no- interest-in-trap members of Brooke County also worked their tails off to make this shoot enjoyable for the 283 shooters. And let us not forget the children -- boosters, who sweated in the trap houses and scored in the rain. So, could we use more help? Always! Should more people step up? Certainly. Were there any problems? Of course. Bottom line…. Did the shooters have a good time? Absolutely!

4. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Well my group accounted for 4 of the "out of staters". None of us had ever been to the Brooke County club but we all intend to go back. We had a very good time at the shoot and we were made to feel very welcome there. The geographic location of the shoot places it close to many Ohio and Pennsylvania shooters so it's not surprising that it draws lots of non-resident shooters. Thanks to all the hard working folks who made it happen!

Linda Viderman likes this.
  5. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

You wont find a more attractive place to shoot.

6. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

I heard they had a lot of rain there. Good thing about that place. It is on top of the mountain.

7. Columbus

Columbus Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Any camping close by?

8. Ross Randall

Ross Randall Active Member Founding Member

Okay, how about some more info on like, Just where is it located? I am about to retire and live in In. Just kicking around some ideas of places to possibly go next year.

For instance, is there a website for this place? How do they handle camper or do they? It sounds like a fun place to maybe put on the go to places.

Thanks for any info you can put here so other shooters might get interested.

Ross Randall

9. Linda Viderman

Brooke County has a beautiful place. It is located at 2540 McAdoo Ridge Road, Wellsburg, Brooke County, WV. The club has 10 traps for trap shooters. It has camping on-site available during the shoots, and the Club is talking about putting in an even larger campground. Restrooms and showers available for campers in the basement of the clubhouse. There is also other camping available close by. They have a lake stocked with trout and catfish. Just improved the rifle range and put in three new pistol ranges. Nice Clubhouse, brand new equipment building. Check out the FaceBook page for: Brooke County Sportsmen Club

10. Linda Viderman

Brooke County Sportsmens Club.jpg
    Check out Brooke County Sportsmens Club on FaceBook

11. gr8shot

gr8shot New Member

One AWESOME pic.
    thanx linda.

12. Ross Randall

Ross Randall Active Member Founding Member

Thank you Linda. From the pictures it looks like a pretty nice place. I will be watching for it next year. I hope it is not on the same week as Indiana.

Ross Randall

13. Linda Viderman

FUTURE WV STATE SHOOT DATES:
    July 12-15 2018
    July 11-14 2019
    July 9-12 2020
    July 8-11 2021
    July 7-10 2022
    July 6-9 2023

14. gr8shot