WE need to change From Bank Category to GROUP NUMBER Category

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Jun 13, 2016.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Why that eleviates/Does away w/bank system, This allows GROUPS/5 shooters so it will comply with STARTING BANKS System.

Lots of TRAP CLUBS use Drawings for starting banks, The best shooting Club in USA CARDINAL CENTER needs to Utilize This SYSTEM.

Because no matter how you Squad the DRAWING of STARTING TRAPS is Drawn just Before Event is Started.

The 1-12 Starting Traps Numbers are Posted On the Backs of Starting Scorers Chairs, Management just has to hang 12 numbers, and shooters just have to look at POSTED Starting Points which are 6 Starting points, one EAST and One WEST at each starting POINTS.

It is EASY as PIE to start the Drawing Traps. The Starting sheet has Numbers posted in 12 columns from one to 500 as it accommodates
    2,500 starting points for shooters.

Maybe someone can post a copy of Their Clubs Drawing for Starting Traps SHEET, I would Appreciate it.

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant........................................Dr.longshot

2. James344

James344 Well-Known Member

Gary,
    Every club, that has the number trap fields to do so, uses the bank system. The smaller clubs simply number the traps. Having bank numbers makes it easier for all shooters to know where their individual starting point is. It's not a difficult concept.

Other clubs draw for banks, the CC doesn't. Why this determination to make the CC like other clubs? In one sentence you call it the best club in the USA, but you must not think so because you want to make it like every other club.

3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

James344: A great club can be made EVEN GREATER, Banks NAME is mis-leading, the inference you will be shooting certain Banks is very Mis-leading.

I want complete Fairness to be done by every Registered Shooting Gun Club.

Doing this does not allow RJ Stuart to block any banks, because no one knows where they will be starting

Group may be mis-leading like I stated above. Being Fair to me is the Ultimate Scheme of things.

When Pre-Squading the targets and fees to me should be paid Up Front, options may be paid later.

This way there will not be UN-USED Banks/Groups un-filled. The Club has $175.00 paid up-front for the Pre-Squadded Entry.

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant........................................Dr.longshot

4. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

Gary,

I bet some shooters have a hard time getting 4 guys to shoot with them, if you know what I mean.

Ron Burdick

5. James344

James344 Well-Known Member

You can't make people pay target fees up front because people pre-squad so that they at least have a spot reserved. If something unexpected happens and they cannot shoot, hopefully they do the right thing and release their spot. I know that some people don't, which leaves a hole in a squad, but not everybody is as courteous as we would like.

6. rick s

rick s Member Founding Member

If you draw for banks, people will just wait till the event starts then go squad for the bank they want.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  7. mah66

mah66 Active Member Founding Member

It may not be a matter of courtesy.

Edit the RJ rules to short sentences of few words with the most "important" at the head of the list.

Long wordy "terms and conditions" and overly-complicated instructions usually go unread and people go unreminded.

8. dr.longshot

I remember when the Silver Dollar holding Southern Grand knew who had Pre-squaded banks, would not release NEW banks until old BANKS were turned in.

Then They wanted TARGETS paid for UPFRONT on PRE-Squaded Entries to stop the holes in Squads, Silver Dollar had to limit Squads due to large number of shooters wanting to shoot the Southern Grand.

Some shooters did not want to shoot the OLD SIDE, only the new side, then there were shooters who wanted the Opposite.

This is some observations I noticed over the Years.

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant.......................................Dr.longshot

9. dr.longshot

What I said was in their PROGRAMS

GB...................DLS

10. dr.longshot

I never Pre-squaded , always went through Classification and then Squadding.

GB..........................DLS

11. dr.longshot

I was 27 yrs old when I started shooting registered in 1968, I traveled all over the USA shooting registered, I really liked shooting at Las Vegas Gun Club run by Steve Carmichael, He knew how to run a shoot, lots of money was played there, typical entry was approx. $200 to play it all.

I shot his last shoot at the old Las Vegas Gun Club, I tied for High on the 27 yd line and lost shootoff and got RU, Nice Trophy and Money

I have not been to his new Gun Club owned by State but he is Manager

Then there was Plane Fare

GB..........................DLS

wpt likes this.
  12. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Steve could host a shoot in a swamp and he would some how make it turn out great ... Steve was a shooter so he knew exactly what the shooters wanted and he gave it to them with a bag of chips ... The best thing that Las Vegas ever did was hire Steve to be operations manager and no doubt if they expanded the seize of the place they could and would have some big time shoots there that would draw big crowds ... Steve is one of the Good Guys and his son Stef is a great kid (not any more) but man could he shoot ... Stef had to shoot a 32 inch barrel because the 34 would hit the ground when he started (to short) , but talk about wickedly fast he was it ... Las Vegas (Steve's place) is one on the clubs that will be missed by many for a long time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. dr.longshot

Forget Group Number and Bank #s, just use squad numbers, as Bank #s will be a thing of the past. Just Draw starting Traps for the squads

GB...............................................DLS