Veterans Day and Marine Corps birthday

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by leftout, Nov 10, 2015.

1. leftout

leftout Well-Known Member Founding Member

Thank you all vets of all the branches, celebrate your day Wed.

Special Happy Birthday to all the Marines out there today. SEMPER FI

It appears that most have forgotten these two days and the sacrifices that were paid.

Lefty

2. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

A big Thank You to all Veterans

“This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” —Elmer Davis

3. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Great post 'leftout'! As a veteran I too thank all those who have served.

We have a local orchard (apples & peaches) and for many years they provide vets with a free basked of apples, half gallon of cider and free hotdog & coffee and some of the farmers even donate potatoes, broccoli and other vegetables. The do this for 4 straight days with volunteers and I usually give them a couple days. The volunteers carry all the giveaways to every vet's car. There's a lot of good people in communities everywhere who are very thankful and supportive of our veterans.

I'm heading for Virginia today to attend a program to honor veterans at my grandson's (8yrs. old) school and will return tomorrow to help Schober's orchard in Monroeville, NJ. And oddly enough, Ed Schober (deceased) was a pretty good shooter in the 1950's and on occasion his grandson who started the giveaway program for veterans, shoots granddad's shotgun at our gun club.

I also want to thank the many businesses who provide discounts to veterans. Some are Home Depot, Lowes and Bass Pro.

HistoryBuff - U.S. Navy & Reserve-Retired

theloudone, History Seeker and wpt like this.
  4. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Thank you for your service...One and all !
    :)