Updates PA State Shoot (not scores) the other stuff

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by davidson, Jun 11, 2016.

1. davidson

davidson Active Member

Tell us what is happening around the shooting campus. Vendors, weather, conditions...etc.

2. mah66

mah66 Active Member Founding Member

1700 hrs: Nothing earth shaking...cool this AM, cloudy with some light passing rain showers this PM, weather warm (88 deg) and just a bit humid (50%) which is nothing if you're in half decent shape, wind kicked up after the front moved through right on time for hdcp coming from the west at about 15 mph gusting to 25, same vendors as always. Lots of kid shooters as always the first day of the shoot doing kid shooter stuff...showing up late for squads, shooting on the wrong squads, not having their equipment when they take the line...the kind of stuff that makes you wonder if you were that irresponsible where you were their age.

Just Joe likes this.
  3. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Nice to see my friend from Canada Terry Jordan take the HOA.

In a letter, he told me he thought it was one of his best shoots ever.

Congrats Terry !

4. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

We would like to have 10 of those bank 6's they have at the Cardinal Center!

James344 and oleolliedawg like this.
  5. Roger Beardsley

Roger Beardsley Active Member

I know those darn kids...because the adult shooters never ever do that kind of stuff...LOL

Makes you wonder if when the responsible kids shooters grow up they will end up been as irresponsible as the adults shooter we have now!

wpt likes this.
  6. shotguntd

shotguntd Member

there yesterday,good crowd,beautiful weather.

7. mah66

mah66 Active Member Founding Member

drizzle, rain, fog, mist, dismal skies all day, air still, damp and heavy... doubles championship being shot in failing light

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Great weather, fine targets and gun sales weren't too bad either. Entries were about the same as last year. Few people playing options anymore.

That said, momma had a superb shoot. Lost the shootoff to Deb Ohye for the Singles Championship after 199's, lost the shootoff for Doubles runnerup after a 93, came up one short in the Handicap with a 93 for runnerup but ended up High All-Round lady with a 385/400.

The 'dawg had the opportunity to shoot on Sunday and broke a whopping 87 from the fence. I didn't feel to bad as that was the first Handicap targets I shot since last August at Cardinal. I'm really tired but ready for Ohio!

9. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Dawg....dont go home with a loser.

Did you see many Mississippi shooters meandering about?

10. oleolliedawg

Mississippi shooters were again conspicuously absent from PA but are likely saving their money for next week's trip to Cardinal Center where tons of yardage will be awarded. Word on the street is the Mississippi delegate will be proposing a new rule allowing their major events to only need 3 shooters for a 1/2 yd. punch. Stay tuned!

11. oleolliedawg

Some guns sold really well. Hottest sellers were Beretta combos, Krieghoff KS-5's, CZ combos, Several Remington 1100's, Fab Arms, some Perazzis and plenty of junk rifles and old sxs's. Brownings were beyond slow and I couldn't give 'em away. I was really swamped some days and fairly quiet others. Little time to even leave the tent to go pee with Friday the busiest day. My neighbor in the same tent-Shydas- sold out of nearly everything-especially loaded ammo. His outstanding sales person-always smiling April-made everything more enjoyable. I'll probably nap all the way to Ohio with some actual shooting time I hope!