Tucson Spring Grand

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by GOAT123, Feb 12, 2023.

1. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

Who is shooting at the clown show ?

2. anthony morton

anthony morton Mega Poster

Why's it a clown show?

3. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

I'm guessing you have never shot there.

4. anthony morton

I've shot there for 10yrs.
    Autumn grand and spring grand

5. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

Sorry, talking to original poster.
    Are you here now enjoying the spring weather? And the wind!

6. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

Only 7 banks are being used, $45 birds and they can’t find workers. Plus the place looks like a storage facility for a large equipment operator. Oh yeah the automated speed ticket machines.

7. anthony morton

Goat, sounds like you've never shot there.
    I feel it's one of the premier places to shoot.

Autumn Grand is great.

Perfect weather.

8. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Anthony. You must be a board member at the Tucson club. Roger C.

GOAT123 likes this.
  9. anthony morton

No Rog,

Just enjoy shooting there.

10. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

Will at $45 per 100, I expect a faster and more banks open. I also don’t want to be threatened with $100 fine because bill Martin doesn’t like speeders. I have seen him yell at speeders before

11. Roger Coveleskie

The golf carts are the worst speeders. some of them need yelled at. Their target setting needs yelled at. They leave a lot to be desired in that respect.
    They do not have any bench marks on the fields to set targets by the rules. Roger C.
    PS do not blame everything on Bill, they have a board of directors that runs the club, and Bill is no longer on the board.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  12. Ed Budreau

Ed Budreau Active Member Founding Member

The Martins did not attend this shoot.

13. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

The vehicles arriving at leaving at 30+mph are certainly the most dangerous. Bill isn't the only one who has had a conversation with speeders. None of us staying there speed, nor should we have to tolerate it. Not only is it dangerous, it also shows a lack of respect for the club as well as the people there.

14. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

Really Paul, I think $45 birds, crappy pre squadding, threats to be fined by an electronic ticket photo machine, clown Tucson members making made up rules because they didn’t want to wait for a trap to clear, grumpy slow food service , and bunch of broken birds being thrown is disrespectful to a visitor

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  15. Roger Coveleskie

I said to my self cheer up things could be worse, So I cheered up, and things got worse. Tucson is on a down hill slide, and they seem to be picking up speed. Sad but true. Roger C.

SES and GOAT123 like this.
  16. Roger Coveleskie

Nothing changed at the state shoot. Still the same old, same old, just pay your money and be an ATM machine for the TT$S Club. They are not user friendly as many of the resident shooters have found out. Roger C.