Trap and Skeet Shooting Near Gettsburg PA?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by g7777777, May 24, 2022.

1. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

Might be visiting the battlefield this summer--- what ranges are near there?

Thanks

Gene

2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

A quick google search for “ Places to shoot Trap near Gettysburg PA” turned up a few places that shoot clay targets. Orvis has a sporting course but the best bet looks like
    Glen Rock. The club has been in existence since the early 1900’s.
    They were actually on the cover of Trap & Field one year. From their site it looks like 5 Trap fields and they have at least 5 registered shoots on their schedule.
    Search the name Glen Rock shooting facility in Shrewsbury PA
    It looks to be about an hour from Gettysburg.
    And Gene, if you go, you will hear the locals don’t pronounce it
    Getty’s-burg as if it’s two words
    They make it sound like one word. The only way to describe how they say it is it rhymes with
    Lettuceburg It comes out Getusburg
    I went to the battlefield the first time 58 years ago when I was 12.
    Been there more than a dozen times and it never ceases to make me feel in awe of what happened there.

Hope you can make the trip.

BRAD DYSINGER and g7777777 like this.
  3. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

Thanks

4. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

I was actually there for US Army Command and Staff College battle ride many years ago. There is a college classmate of mine that gives a presentation every year and I decided I was going to do it this time

5. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

You won’t regret it. It’s a special place

6. EdS

EdS Member

There are several clubs close to Gettysburg where a visitor can shoot trap. The closest is Littlestown Fish and Game, just a short ride down PA Rt 97 from G'burg. NuOx is just north of New Oxford, PA a little farther away. A member can bring a guest to York Adams Fish & Game, located just south of Abbottstown, PA. Let me know when you're in the area. We may be able to get together.

7. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

When I lived in MD I'd drive up to the battlefield from Thurmont sometimes when they had a shoot. I don't know if they still shoot there or not. It wasn't very far from there.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  8. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

Carney in MD if they still shoot !

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  9. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

google a website called claytargetsonline. they list all of them.

g7777777 likes this.
  10. Mike Poore

Mike Poore Active Member

Orvis nr. Emmitsburg & two excellent clays courses nr Dillsburg. Trap south on I-81: Mechanicsburg, Enola, Carlisle, Shippensburg, Chambersburg (trap & clays) St.Thomas, Greencastle. All club run & open to the public with targets running ~$4 a round with ammo available..
    and that's just to the south. In these parts there's a trap club behind every tree stump.