Too many categories - unnecessary shoot offs - itty bitty trophies?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Levi, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Levi

Levi Member

What we need are more categories creating more shoot offs. The categories have created smaller and even more worthless trophies.

But who cares? We made the targets easier. That multiplies the problems. Blame that one on the cronies from 95 - 97.

The OH State shoot was a cluster xxxx of shoot offs. All of the practice traps were used. All of bank 5 at one time. That was only Friday night. Bank 6 was on the ready. That was a lot of scorers and targets. It was the same at the Buckeye.

dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Its been reduced to an attendance not a shooting tournament any more ... Been headed in that direction for quite a while trying to attract a crowd and it ain't happening ... Trapshooting is not really much of a sport for marketing, they do little for promotion other than make it easier to get a trinket (trophy) and go home ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

jhunts and dr.longshot like this.
  3. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

I have won trophies at the OSTA shoots over the last years. I have never received mickey mouse trophies from them. Are the people that are complaining sure they won an event at the OSTA shoots? Or are they just trolls? Roger C

4. Levi

Levi Member

How could they be the same? We have nearly doubled the amount of trophies.

5. Columbus

Columbus Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

My granddaughter was tied in Singles last week, hung around for the shootout (9:30pm) - she won it with a 24...her trophy? A little flashlight that doesn't even say what it was for.

6. Live Oak

Live Oak Well-Known Member

What category?

7. Columbus

Thursday's HCP.............

and here's her trophy.

flashlight trophy.jpeg

8. Live Oak

Columbus.......what category? Not event.....category?

Previously you said singles and no category. Now you say it was handicap.

9. Columbus

My error, - category was Sub Jr and it was Thurs HCP.

10. Live Oak

Columbus

Why have a sub junior, junior , and junior gold? I counted about 70 trophies for that event. What would you think would happen? The people on this site have been complaining before I got here. joke