The MAIN reasons ATA participation has fallen (Can You Handle the Truth?)

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by GW22, Jan 18, 2015.

1. MOE

MOE Mega Poster Founding Member

I had the same experience Flyersarebest, I took my Grandson out and taught him to shoot my pellet rifle. I told him when he goes back to school he can tell all the boys he shot his Pappas gun over the weekend. First reaction was that he couldn't do that because it could get him kicked out of school! My how bad things have gotten!

2. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I got hooked into re reading this old thread, much like I do old hunting books, and I have to say it is both enjoyable and frustrating.

VH16SxS likes this.
  3. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

4. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

This is one of the great reads on here. The dolls were the best. In 2015 the ATA apologists blamed the economy and the culture, then came Trump, the SCTP at the Cardinal Center, the best economy ever, then the China flu, the shut down, the locks ups, Biden and the dems after a stolen election.

Today the economy sucks, WW 3 is coming, Trump is back, Biden is using all the government to go after us, the SCTP had their biggest shoot ever, the China flu is making a return to be renamed the election flu, the dems want lock downs, and the ATA can't figure out shit. Not long till 2024. Happy new year.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2023
  5. MOE

MOE Mega Poster Founding Member

Thanks for the inspiring word's Brad....lol

6. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

Haven't shot trap in 10 years, will be 90 next birthday, don't like to travel much any more and the cost to shoot on a fixed income is prohibitive so I'm out of the game. It was fun re-reading this thread.

7. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

I think ata/nssa team photos will be like looking at old west snap shots with all the deputies holding their Winchesters across their laps.
    a whole new generation will look at them and say....wow, usa was a wild place back in them 90's! everyone had guns!

8. Roy D

Roy D Well-Known Member

Hilarious!