The impact of trapshooting on firearm technology

Discussion in 'History Buffs' started by kolarbear, Jun 22, 2023.

1. kolarbear

kolarbear Member

Trapshooting has influenced the development of firearms technology, particularly in the terms of shotguns and ammunition

2. farmerfranklyn@yahoo. Om

farmerfranklyn@yahoo. Om Well-Known Member

I don't think so. The Browning Superposed born 1930 and the Remington 32 looking at all the current O/U scatterguns available seems nothing really new. Ithaca single barrel trap another great shootin' god father of all todays single barrel competitors. Semiautos Remington 1100 and the Browning A5…actually I’m inclined to believe the more things change the more they remain the same!

puablo likes this.
  3. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

the cake has remained the same. the frostings have evolved.

4. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Active Member

Let's wait another 100 years and see who is still shooting while other , POS from marketing fall to the waste side ?
    Modern Technology still , hasn't proved to be better than the skillful hands of a hundred years ago , IMHO ! Haha

5. bobski

my Winchester m50s are 70 years old now. 30 years to go!
    you think theyd sell? nope.
    sadly, no one wants them. the world is caught up in fads and pazzaz, not well built history.

Ravenanme likes this.
  6. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Dennis DeVault, changed a few things on his Infinity, no thru bolt to attach the receiver to the stock and straight plunger (striker) firing pin--super fast lock time .0005ms lock time

7. bobski

marlin came out with the first plunger striker on its marlin model 90. back in the 40's.