The Bonfire of the Vanities

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by BRAD DYSINGER, Jun 8, 2021.

1. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Because of the BLM, the lying MSM, and the PC police I don't watch sports on TV, the News, or any TV. (Fox included). I gave up ATA trap shooting I think in 2011. I just got tired of my money supporting crooks. I found that the longer you stop doing something you love the easier it gets. I don't miss any of these things now but I do like to remember the past once and a while when I did enjoy all of them.

Sp one of those things I do to kill time now is Ann and I have taken to watching old movies on tubi at night on our fancy flat screen TV that cost us about 250 bucks and came with a bunch of free channels, that you download from the internet, who knew? I like to watch these old movies and view them in the present with how I remember the times they were made in. Like during the Wars, WWII versus Vietnam for example and whether these movies could be made today or not with the PC BLM crowd that runs the movie business.

Well last night Ann and I saw a movie made in 1990 (I think) that explains the world we live in to the tee. Just watch it if you can and enjoy. The Bonfire of the Vanities. This movie should be required watching for all the snow flakes and race hustlers in the media and politics.

eric28 and SES like this.
  2. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

I'm 'with you on the pre PC BLM Spineless jelly fish coward hollywood type movies.
    I'll check out that movie

3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

So few words, but soooooooo true. Sure wish my dad was still here. It would be nice to tell him thanks for everything he done for all of us and our country. Got a lot of things I would like to ask him and see what he has to say. Although, being a WW2 vet, I doubt he would be very happy with the Biden/Washington BS. He would probably say something like I did not get my ass shot at, nor sleep on the ground in a pup tent when it was below zero and get three meals (if we were lucky) of frozen sea rations to eat a day for this BS. I asked my dad one time, how did not keep from getting frost bite. The only foot wear they had were the old leather combat boots. He looked at me and said, Son they gave us TWO pair of wool socks to wear!!!!! This is not AMERICA!!!!!!! What do you think folks? Anybody agree? God bless the real AMERICA.
    [​IMG]

4. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

Same here

5. eric28

eric28 Member

I will check the movie tonight. Thanks for the lead