The 44 degree angle 50-52 yard targets

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Feb 19, 2015.

1. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

How does the race to the fence make anyone better ????

If I am not an A-class or higher singles shooter ... shooting at the fence will do what for me ??????

2. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

Most shooters want to improve, whether they want to work at it to improve is the question. We all know shooters that shoot one round of practice a week then go to a shoot and are disappointed when they don't win. Such is life some people establish priorities and some don't.

3. Michael McGee

Michael McGee Mega Poster Founding Member

I quit shooting for twenty years to return to my first love, dragracing. Things sure changed while I was away(1989-2008). Upon returning to shooting I had to restart from my former long yardage. I could not hack it after the layoff(ave 82%) and took reductions until I could maintain the break point average or a little above. I found this to be a hole bunch more fun than shooting at a distance I could no longer handle. I took the first mass reduction, but had a 92% average and did not receive the second. I think I received a total of 7 yards reduction and have earned 4 or 5 in return staying 22 or 23 most of recent times. I don't feel ashamed taking the reductions since I have never missed a target on purpose, but feel I have a little chance to compete and play some of the options once again. I see those that puff out their chest when stating they are on the 27 averaging in the 70's and 80"s and play nothing, I just can't understand that line of thought. No wonder few play options anymore with their chances being slim to none! The old friend that taught (mentor) me this game gave this advice,"Kid put your money in and fight to get it back". This year I will become a senior vet so I have seen my share of change. Nothing will turn back the hands of time for any of us, so we might just as well enjoy what time we have left!

4. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

Amen Brother

5. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member