That horrible Bank 6 at Cardinal

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Columbus, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Columbus

Columbus Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

For those who haven't shot it - here're the trees.

Girls on 6.jpg

2. space gun

space gun Active Member

I have shot many clubs that don't have banks that are any better than that! Now if the trees were between you and the target that could be a problem.

Roger Coveleskie and wpt like this.
  3. davidson

davidson Active Member

My favorite bank!

4. Flor1

Flor1 Member

With a little luck maybe they can plant more trees.
    Get over it and shoot.

5. DoubleG

DoubleG Active Member

Mason Mi. has lots of trees in the back ground!!!

6. LadyT

LadyT Mega Poster

nothing wrong with that bank.

7. Columbus

So many people griping about 5,6,7 -just thought I'd put out the picture. I've no problems with those banks at all.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Crybabies should never come East to shoot!

9. Brian Seibert

Brian Seibert Active Member

I shot bank 5 - squad 53 in the wind. 94 and should of shot better!

10. Wadhopper

Wadhopper Active Member

94 is a damn good score for what we had yesterday! Granted, yesterday's targets were my first registered birds at the Cardinal but I was happy with 86/100 on handicap and 84/100 on doubles (second "real" round of doubles ever shot and I love it!!!)
    I shot bank 6 - squad 66...terrible wind and we finished just before the storm blew through, almost had my mic stand blow over a few times. I wish I could say that background cost me a few birds but it'd just be an excuse. I wasn't staying on my gun, should have stuck with light loads and shot quicker.

11. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Bank 6 View sure looked good

GB......................DLS

12. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member Founding Member

As a coach once told me, "Shoot the target, not the background" "See the bird, shoot the bird" I'm sure there are more quotes but what's the use? Some folks are just never happy!

13. Rosey

Rosey Mega Poster Founding Member

Makes a big difference if your shooting the 27 vs the 20 yard line, especially on a dark day or early morning. There's a reason RJ Stuart did not include these banks in their preferred prequad banks.

Also, is that a picture of 6A, B, C or D? Cause they all look different.

Regardless, if you see no difference in these banks, by all means please presquad and ask for them.

wpt likes this.
  14. 1100 Remington Man

1100 Remington Man Member Founding Member

;) I would like to see the same photo from front then make my decision if I should follow.

robb likes this.
  15. Columbus

All that would show you is my daughter-in-law, my 14 yr old granddaughter and her 14 yr old friend.

wpt likes this.
  16. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I can see where the trees on the left could be a problem or at least a good excuse with the sky as the back ground on the right ... The human eyes does not adjust as quickly to the totally different back grounds when trying to pick out a certain object (target) so that is the obvious problem ... I'm not sure there would be a good color lense to make up (nullify) the difference between the green and then the transition to the blue ... Make one think or give it full attention that's for sure ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

WPT, It is not the trees that make a difference on bank #6. If there is a wind it funnels between the trees you see and a small patch in front of the club house. If you are looking at the trees you will never see a target leave the house. Those trees are about 4 or 5 hundred yards from the traps. The people complaining about the banks are not trap shooters they are the ones that would whine about being hung with a new rope. Many of them have most likely never shot on the banks, most probably never even shoot. Roger C.

wpt likes this.
  18. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Yeah, I know of one that can't afford to shoot anymore and complains of Cardinal Center while encouraging a boycott. Heck, as far as I know he just might be camped under a nearby bridge!

Roger Coveleskie, wpt and inteldell like this.
  19. 1100 Remington Man

1100 Remington Man Member Founding Member

I'm glad I never had a Daughter I would even have more grey hair. Take Care

wpt, inteldell and mec8 like this.
  20. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I can see the target in that picture going left, would love to see a target going right of those trees to see just how visible they would be with the sky blue back ground compared to the green back ground of the trees ... WPT ... (YAC) ... By the way there is a chip in that target..!!!