Steven/Savage Coach gun, model 311R, 12ga. 18 inch barrels, unfired As New...SPF

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by Jim Veta, May 16, 2022.

1. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Mega Poster Founding Member

Another utilitarian offering that has been in one safe or another for almost 45 years. A Stevens/Savage 12ga. Coach gun. Unfired. True 98% condition. No Bluing wear. No dings or handling marks that I can find. I bought this for my grandfather 45 years ago in exchange for him giving to me his prize possession of his L.C. Smith Ideal Grade 12ga. I certainly got the better of the deal. That moment started the "disease" of collecting SxS's. No need to go into everything about that. I am sure there are plenty of people reading this that can relate.
    This is utilitarian home defense. Factory 18 inch barrels. Cylinder and cylinder chocking. Never fired. Never really handled except to wipe down about once a year. Perfect bores. Weighs right at 7 pounds. Has been residing in one of three safes for approximately 45 years. Asking $425.00 which includes shipping and insurance to your FFL. Buyer must research state laws pertaining to legal barrel length. I will consider reasonable offers on this one. Please contact me by PM or phone 310-291-1784.
    Jim Veta.

Attached Files:

2. Joe Winnicki

Joe Winnicki Mega Poster

Wow very nice ! That butt pad alone is very unique that is the same butt pad Stevens/Savage used on their Vietnam
    Era trench/riot shotgun it was the only long gun the U.S. military ever put a rubber butt pad on - it was added because the Vietnamese were smaller framed Soldiers.

Joescout

THEUNLOADER likes this.
  3. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Mega Poster Founding Member

Sold pending funds.