Standard 90s era BT-99s - any functionally same as Pigeon Grade model?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by A Smith, Sep 16, 2021.

1. A Smith

A Smith Member

Hey folks, new member here, a guy at my local trap house mentioned that this forum is a great and active resource for our favorite hobby.

Won't bore you with the details, but I finally borrowed and shot a BT-99 at the trap house and it amazed me with how easy it was to break targets. I (obviously) now want to find and purchase one. Thing is, it was a used '93 Pigeon Grade model, and it is my understanding that these are quite uncommon. My philosophy is to (generally) only purchase firearms that I've already shot, so I'm wondering if any other more common 90s era BT-99s are functionally identical, just without the special 'pigeon grade' markings, and therefore feel the same to shoot. Since it seems from my searching that Browning made a new BT-99 model every other month, I'm having difficulty finding solid info regarding these 90s shotguns.

So, the question is: Are there any standard 90s era BT-99s functionally identical to the 'Pigeon Grade' of the same time period, or is the latter unique?

I have attached a couple photos of the Pigeon Grade model that I'm talking about.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Also I believe I read all the posting rules, but please call me out if I broke any.

PigeonGradeA.jpg
    PigeonGradeB.jpg

2. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

The functioning is the same. Just a different finish.

3. A Smith

A Smith Member

Excellent, thanks!

4. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

U might want a BT-100, the same except it has a drop out trigger, which really helps for service/maintenance