Spolar Reloaders New Price

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by oleolliedawg, Jul 30, 2022.

1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

New price list just in. $4,800 for a new machine with a 3-4 month lead time. I'm glad I bought my two years ago.

Trap Cat likes this.
  2. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

YOU WILL NEVER GET A PAYOUT AT THAT PRICE. The difference between new ammo and reloads is so small you will never recoup you investment. Very sad but true. Roger C.

3. oleolliedawg

Well maybe not. I paid $1,250 with hydraulics and another one for $850. Both were like new. I shouldn't have sold the third one for $1,200 to a good friend but oh well. You could say I stole both of 'em.

Trap Cat likes this.
  4. Just Trap

Just Trap Well-Known Member

Taking todays average of $11/box for factory shells, reloading using Todays component prices ($6.85/box) you would have to load 115 flats to pay for the loader based on savings between factory & reloads. I'm not a high volume shooter (35 flats/year) but that would be about 3 years. But, like dawg, I paid less than a quarter of the current price for mine 2 years ago. Better ROI than most things now. If you use the many reloading cost calculators available you will have real numbers - it's not all gloom & doom!

leadvail and Trap Cat like this.
  5. mpolans

mpolans Mega Poster

I just wonder if they'll be able to stay in business at those prices.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  6. oleolliedawg

I wonder too but I also remember when a K-80 combo cost around $3,000 new.

7. Dale

Dale Member

You'll never recoup the cost of a 1st class plane ticket either, but it's worth every penny.

If you want to pay the price and can afford it, why not?

Never eat beans & rice so your kids can eat steak & lobster.

8. King Shark

King Shark Active Member

I should have stock up on them when I had the chance. Damn

9. Trap Cat

Trap Cat New Member

Reloading is not always about saving money. Have 3 loads that I shoot that are light 1 oz. from 1100 fps to 1200 fps. I can't take the recoil and cannot readily find one oz. loads. For me it is about being able to create the load I want. But will say glad I bought my 3 Spolar loaders two years ago. I was lucky I guess.

leadvail likes this.
  10. jesflorida

jesflorida Active Member

My 3+ yo Spolar has paid for itself, both $ wise and enjoyment wise.

Current inventory of components equals $4.25 to $5.00 per box.

Clays loads are 7/8 oz #8 for practice, 1 oz #8, 1 oz #7.5 and 9/8 oz #7.5 for matches. Each at 1225 fps for trap and 1290 fps for sporting clays. Pheasant load is 9/8 oz #5 at 1475 fps.

If my inventory of any load is low, a pleasant time in the shop pulling the handle is much better than internet shipping or local shopping, if available.

leadvail likes this.
  11. Rick R

Rick R Active Member

I bought my first Spolar used for $600, then the next one was $1000 but it came with the hydraulic unit. :)

12. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

IHAVE NEVER SEEN A RELOADER IN A MILLION DOLLAR MOTOR HOME. ROGER C.

13. wa99019

wa99019 Mega Poster

Purchased my Spolar probably 15 or 16 years ago. Sent it to Spolar last Fall for a complete rebuild/updating and almost spent what I paid for it new - but its updated and works perfectly.

Rick R likes this.
  14. leadvail

leadvail Active Member Founding Member

But those that do probably lose sleep about recouping the spolar costs. :rolleyes:

15. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

My old Mec will outlive me! --that's crazy!

Wildcat Lewis likes this.
  16. Axl.Rose

Axl.Rose New Member

$5100 now.

17. leadvail

leadvail Active Member Founding Member

Mine didn't.

Trap Cat likes this.