Sparta Shooting Complex Closing (archive)

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Don't Ban Me Bro, Feb 18, 2015.

1. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Brad M I have a hypothetical question for you, if you caught your wife screwing the mailman on a Monday and then on Friday she said she had to go to the post office to pick up a special delivery would you be Okie Dokie with that that. What could go wrong.

John Trap likes this.
  2. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

If it had been my decision, I would of not made the vendors pay. It's not my decision. Furthermore Illinois did not steal anything, they followed through with the provisions in the contracts executed between them and the vendors, There is a clause in the new contracts, no grand, no pay.

3. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Hypothetically explain how that relates to the situation? Are you trying to bring up the ATA leaving Ohio again?

4. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Brad M

I understand you are employed by Illinois. And you represent Illinois. What clause gave Illinois the right to keep the vendors money without having a shoot?

Creepy?

oleolliedawg and John Trap like this.
  5. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Creepy? I don’t think I’m creepy. My opinions are my own and no one else’s. What clause said they had to give it back? I didn’t say I agreed with the decision, I don’t have a say in how things like that are done.

6. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

103 replies to a post started by a garage gunsmith TROLL whose only reason for posting was to see if he could get people to respond. I called it on my original post to this jerkoff.

He tried two different sign on names, got busted both times, and never posted again.

7. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Brad M. You said this.....
    I will ask again. What provision in the contract gave Illinois the right to keep their money? We can pretend you don’t represent Illinois. But, those are your words.

John Trap likes this.
  8. Hi Brad M

You said you are planning on the grand being in Sparta until 2026?
    You are an employee of Illinois? What inside information do you have?

9. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Hi Mike!
    You miss read that. He told me to stay in Illinois. He never said the Grand in his response. I just threw 26 out there because that’s when the contract technically ends with Illinois(we know how folks here love Illinois and their contracts). I don’t know if I(myself) would stay in Illinois after that. I’m getting up there in years and maybe looking to retire around that time. I hear Ohio is nice! Lots of friendly ATA shooters... I’m always planning(not for sure) for the future, wether or not that happens is a different story.

10. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

We really need to get this thread back on topic or else it risks being deleted by the admins, we don’t want that.

(We do not do that. Be careful accusing admin of that) admin

I’ll go ahead and put this thread to bed for at least this year... After looking on the budget page for Illinois, the Governors budget proposal includes the normal amount budgeted for the WSRC for FY22 which starts in June/July. With a majority of both houses in Illinois currently under democratic control the budget will likely pass. Which would mean after it pass the complex will continue to stay open for the fiscal year.

11. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Brad M. You didn’t answer post 107. What clause gave the State of Illinois the right to keep the vendors money.

Your words.....they followed through with the provisions in the contracts executed between them and the vendors,

We can pretend you do not represent or work for the state of Illinois. Again, what clause?

12. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

Sorry I almost forgot about you, I would assume the provision that says anything about how much they have to pay and when each year. Most contracts have something like that. You know like when your car payment is due or rent or mortgage. I don’t have a contract. I think someone posted one here a while back.

13. Flyersarebest

"You know like when your car payment is due or rent or mortgage."

I don't have to deal with any of those three examples and I'm sure as heck not a lawyer but if I was renting a property and made the payment then the landlord put a lock on the place and I couldn't use it I think I would have a pretty good argument that I didn't have to pay the rent.

14. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Brad M.
    So then you don’t know of a specific clause that said Illinois could keep the vendors money do you? You said they followed thru with the provision of the contract. But you don’t know of any provision?

Your words.....they followed through with the provisions in the contracts executed between them and the vendors,

Again you don’t know of any provision that said Illinois could keep their money. Not that you had much credibility before.

John Trap likes this.
  15. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Brad M any sane man wouldn't trust Illinois anymore than a cheating wife. They (Illinois) ditched the SCTP and last year they ditched the Vendors, Illinois is an antigun democrat run shit hole that can't be trusted. It has been 15 years since the ATA left Ohio, all the ATA has done since that time is try to pump up Sparta to prove how BAD Ohio was.

I've leased hunting land before, and leasing and not owning is the reason why when I started Thorn Bottom Hunting 26 years ago I bought land. The ATA owned land in Ohio, one of the top things that the ATA's survey said was Own the ground. The ATA sold their soles, I don't feel sorry for them at all. The Vendors Got what they deserved, Deal with a whore get treated like a John and any pro gun group that attends Sparta gets what they deserve. That is my point.

I can't tell from your posts if you work for the Illinois Government or the ATA but you seem to have an interest in the World Shooting Complex and at times appear to be a little loose with the facts. You sound to me to be an honest man promoting a loosing cause that is run by less than honorable men

What I would to know from you is what do you think the mission of the ATA should be, promote Trap Shooting or promote Sparta? I think promote trap shooting.. I have been an ATA life member for 46 years and if the HOF was open you could see my picture (I think but maybe the anti gun man in charge of the HOF has ditched it) The ATA management that you sometimes appear to be a part of can't be trusted, maybe you don't actually exist but are a plant to keep an eye on this web site, I don't know. If you are in fact Brad M watch your flank, your allies always watch out for themselves first. Don't Trust Them in the end you will be disappointed and feel foolish I can assure you. That is if you are an Honorable man and not an ATA Troll.

John Trap likes this.
  16. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Yes Ron, Not much about trap shooting anymore on here so someone has to keep things lively I guess.

Hardly read this site much any more because it's the same old, same old.

Sorry, but that is the way I feel.

Brad M likes this.
  17. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The State of Illinois burned the SCTP as well as others that were on the schedule, tried to smooth it over by offering free targets which were turned down and they moved on to secure a place for at least the next 10 years and probably more by getting involved with Cardinal Center ... Their existence obviously means more to the SCTP than the money which was proved by them making the move ... The vendors got burned from what we know as well as some of the campers who paid in advance for spots and never got to use them ... ( not sure the out come has been publicized on those deals ) ... The effects of the Corona Virus impacted a lot of people and many business's, some got up and carried on while others used it and continue to use it as an excuse ... The absolute best thing the ATA could do for the betterment on the organization and show the members they intend on being around for generations to come would be relocate the shoot to a more shooter friendly and established area ... Time will tell, but you only get so many chances to make it right if you don't make it right the first time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

BRAD DYSINGER and John Trap like this.
  18. Brad M is right about at least one thing. Illinois will probably vote to fund the place. Probably. Every year it will be the same issues. The ATA elite knew this at the start.

Next year same issues. Missouri and other states will keep shooting. No probablies.

19. BRAD DYSINGER

History Seeker you should realize that only by studying History can you avoid the same mistakes over and over. This is the History of Sparta and the ATA. I know we live in a cancel culture where the news media change the meaning of words, alter the truth, deny history, and cancel free speech. Thankfully this site does not do that. Trap Shooting as you would like to see it is dead. The SCTP right now seems to be the only game in town. At least that's the way it looks to me.

This thread may be old news to you and Ron but it is new news to all the SCTP kids, parents, and grand parents that come on this site to look at pictures of their teams from the Cardinal Center. Most of this group haven't a clue where Sparta is let alone ever shot there. To all these new shooters the Cardinal Center is their Vandalia. I've yet to hear any of them say they would rather go to Sparta.

John Trap and Johnson like this.
  20. jd88201

jd88201 Active Member

I agree also, I like the for sale section best.

21. Flyersarebest

And you don't need 50 posts before you sell something.

30 Days! :D

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  22. Flyersarebest

"The trapshooting section is just one big ATA/Sparta bashing party and you can only read the same stuff over and over before you say the hell with it."

Maybe the ata/sparta have it coming.

I would say thousands of shooters said the hell with that place starting 15 years ago.

BRAD DYSINGER and wpt like this.