Shotgun ammo or brass? And the blue collar shooter.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by butterly, Apr 16, 2021.

1. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

The ammo people I hear are making ammo faster than ever. The issue is they aren’t focusing as much energy on shotgun ammo.

Rifle and pistol ammo sells for more.

5.56 and 223 bottom end ammo is a dollar a round unless you are buying 1000. That only saves you a dime a bullet.

We know the trapshooters won’t pay much for ammo. There isn’t any money in the game. Before we kicked the PA and OH blue collar shooters to the curb, there was more money. If you could convince the blue collar shooter $15.00 a box could get a win they would pay it.

The blue collar shooters in OH and PA stopped shooting around 2004.

If you owned Federal, what ammo are you producing?

2. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

From what I hear ALL lines are running which means shot shells are being produced and they seem to be showing up out east in the larger market areas.

3. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

4. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

Not many shooters left around here neither white nor blue-collar. Just mostly old retired guys like myself, and with Covid shutting down the local clubs for months last year and then the ammo shortage this year we have lost a lot of them too. They have gone on to different things.

The blue-collar guys I know are raking in the money if they want to. Residential plumbers charging $150 plus per hour for the cheap one. HVAC guys are salivating for the first warm day to repair ACs. Had an HVAC guy tell me come autumn and the first cold snap and people's furnaces are down they will shop around to get their furnace fixed. But when it is 90 and humid and the AC goes - they only ask one question - can you fix it today??? They never ask about cost. LOL The factories around here you can work all the overtime you want because they can't hire any other help.

The blue-collar guys might be the only ones who will be able to afford $15 a box shells.

Need to worry about the retired guy who is trying to live on less than 1% return on CDs, and whether they will come back, after going fishing, ATV riding, and doing other things while waiting for ammo to return to the shelves and for Covid to go away.

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Local Walmart had a case of AA Handicap loads on the shelf. Limit two boxes per customer. Things are really moving along!

Elsie and wpt like this.
  6. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

I gave up trying to shoot and bought my wife and myself two little battery powered speedboats to play in the gator ponds with.

Cheap, and no bitching around us about poor targets, etc. Fun too !

Elsie, BRAD DYSINGER and wpt like this.
  7. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

History seeker, I'm not too far from following you - on to something else. I made my rounds today - no ammo again - anywhere. I ended up in a sports bar today. I knew 3 or 4 other guys in there - seems Tuesday is $5 domestic draft pitcher day at this particular place. According to those guys, tomorrow there is a place not far from my house that is $5 bucket day. Maybe I'll join their crew instead of looking for ammo crew, they say there is no shortage of beer and their crew seems to be the same age group that hangs out at the gun club.

Ken Cerney and wpt like this.
  8. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

I sold 8 flats of AA the past couple of days and have 2 more left on this batch. Only got 10 flats in on Saturday. I will see if I can get more this week. I don't need them but I get them in for friends that shoot and don't have a supply.