SCTP SHOOTERS FILLED THE CARDINAL CENTER NATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Jul 16, 2016.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Every Hotel /Motel in a 40 mile radius of Cardinal Center was booked up. This is not a rumor. Sporting Clays Course could not take any more entries. The Skeet Fields were always full, Bunker was taking the overflow, The new Pistol Ranges were full, and needed more.
    Trap range was really busy, 3 New Very Large food facilities were there and doing a booming business as well as the regular food vendors.

I was looking for Brad Dysinger but he was lost in the crowd, This was the busiest I have ever seen the Cardinal Center in.

Everything was running so smoothly. The Entries in the Annie Oakley was astounding. Finding a parking spot was tough if you were not a Handicap person.

Roger Brenner was doing an outstanding business, always needed to fill orders for shooters.

Moms and Dads were visiting vendors and getting bags full of merchandise.

Jack Fishburn you did a great deed for the SCTP AIM and other championship entries.

The kids were commenting on having so many things and places to go and do.

The millennium of custom shirts for the shooters and their parents was unbelieveable.

On the way to Cardinal I saw a motor home broke down on I-270 that said Soldiers Shoot Out on it.

Thanks again Jack Fishburn for your Generosity

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant.................................Dr.longshot

History Seeker likes this.
  2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I have not heard of any complaints so things must of went well ... The kids, Coaches, Parents are all smiling in the other posts and thats not a bad thing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Distant shooters in the background, trucks, skid steers and flashy things all on banks 9&10. Parking training classes need be held there too. Pretty desperate aren't some and I doubt the complainers are kids!

4. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Does anyone have the final count as to how many shooters attended ?

I have not been able to find that info.

5. iowa guy

iowa guy Mega Poster Founding Member

For the clay target events .... according to the results on sssfonline.org ....

American Trap 1,828
    American Skeet 861
    Sporting Clays 920
    Doubles Skeet 306
    Doubles Trap 285
    HCP Trap 288
    Bunker 90

As far as the total participants, I can't really tell from the website. They were expecting approximately 3,000 between the SCTP and SASP events. Looks like there was about 300-350 SASP shooters.

6. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

The complaints about banks 9&10 would be about the same as the truck and car traffic and the farm buildings that you see out in front of several banks at Sparta. The complainers would do well to shoot at the targets instead of the flags and cars and people that are close to a quarter of a mile away. In my opinion.

Dave Berlet

7. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Thanks Iowa Guy !

8. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I was in the food pavilion for 4+ hours and heard no one comp[aining, I heard and saw the excitement of the kids. Most of those kids wore team shirts that were professionally done. They all had competition numbers on their backs for identification.

This is one of the greatest shooting activity I have ever seen, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Pistol and Bunker, their excitement was mind bogeling.

I hope this event at the Cardinal will be held for years to come.

This is what is needed to bring in young shooters that I hope will stay with the sport

God Bless those that made all of this possible, and Thanks to Jack Fishburn for stepping up, and Midway for their services and investment.

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant......................................Dr.longshot

rookieshooter likes this.
  9. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

4 Hours in the food pavilion, Damn Doc after that you need to get some jogging in ... Bet it made you feel good to see all of the young kids having a ball ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. jhunts

jhunts Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

upload_2016-7-22_11-5-39.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  11. jhunts

jhunts Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

12. dr.longshot

I was telling all who would listen how great it was to see so many youth shooters in their NATIONALS, All those beautiful colored tee shirts w/ state and team logos.

Believe it or not I avoided all fattening food and beverages and ate Cole Slaw. Which the Lady in the food Vendor in the Window of the Cenrtral Building commented on.

I could not believe there was over 800 entries in their Annie Oakley WOW.

yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant..........................................Dr.longshot

History Seeker and wpt like this.
  13. Barnett

Barnett Member

2,369 total athletes. Number is SCTP (shotgun events) and SASP (Pistol Events) combined. Approximately 400 less than last year but actual event entries were up. SCTP up 74 total from last year and SASP was up 174 over last year.
    Even though total numbers were down, more athletes participated in more than one event.

34 States were represented.

876,000 competition clay targets were shot at in all shotgun events.
    85,000 clay targets were shot at in the "Side Games"

Approximately 1,200 in the Last Man Standing (Annie Oakley)

wpt and Just Joe like this.
  14. IOWA50

IOWA50 Active Member

Barnett

Where do you get your numbers?

15. Barnett

Barnett Member

Iowa50,

The SCTP has a weekly emailed " Range-time Newsletter"
    I believe if you go to the SCTP website there is a tab to click on to sign up our just click the "news" tab.
    SCTP updates weekly where sometimes it is months before there is any new information for coaches or kids from AIM/ATA.
    Hope this helps.