Rumor has it that Egyptian Electric

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Jun 28, 2016.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Will SHUT off The electric to the WRSC effective July 1st 2016 until Past Due Bills are paid.

This gives them Leverage against the State of Illinois to limit their losses

2. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Go for it. ATA can go back to the old Winchester traps that were hand cocked and release. puller-2005-2005.jpg

3. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

And if they go back even further...live pigeon shoots!

4. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

This being a Co op they are obviously a little on the laid back side, sooner or later someone is going to have to answer to the Board and then watch the heads roll ... This is about as ridiculous as one could imagine, not attending to a bill after this amount of time has past is nothing short of pure ignorance, which seems to be plentiful in the State of Confusion (Illinois) ... If they do what Ken suggested I am going to make it a point to go back and watch, be better than the latest releases at the show, even better if they make the ED, EC and BOD man the traps ... Personally, I hope they get what they deserve what ever that may be ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

All of the Utility companies bribe the Illinois Politicians .Call them campaign contributions or what ever you want.
    That is how they manage to get all of the rate increases year after year.Does Emron ring a bell.Lot of politicians bought into this scheme.
    $300000 is a drop in the bucket to buy political pull or votes.Madigan rules the roost ..The Illinois democrats vote what they are told.The power company wouldn't dare double cross the hand that feed them.All part of the Good role boys club.
    The grand will go on this August as planned.

6. exit140

exit140 Member

Unless it is the anti-gun lobby that is feeding him. I saw where even the Republican representative is an anti-gunner now.
    Madigan is not a gun lover and the governor closed the place once.

7. thorn dog

thorn dog Member

Huh...?
    They (Illinois) have a Republican governor and a Republican House of Rep.

8. jhunts

jhunts Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

I don't think that is correct. The Republican HofR portion.

upload_2016-6-28_20-42-22.png

wpt likes this.
  9. Fargo2

Fargo2 Well-Known Member

10. Fargo2

Fargo2 Well-Known Member

11. jhunts

jhunts Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Dold is in the U.S. House of Representatives.

http://dold.house.gov/press-releases?ID=8C59D6F6-8412-4E59-B3A6-B4AA0767A44B

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today a bipartisan group of Members in the U.S. House of Representatives - led by Reps. Robert Dold (R-IL), Seth Moulton (D-MA), Carlos Curbelo (R-FL) and Scott Rigell (R-VA) - came together to introduce legislation that will deny the sale of firearms to known or suspected terrorists.

“Stopping gun violence requires more than moments of silence – we need action. I’ve been working to keep guns out of the hands of known or suspected terrorists since my first term in Congress,” Rep. Dold said. “The only way we’re going to actually make progress to keep families safe is through bipartisan action. This bipartisan, bicameral proposal to keep dangerous weapons away from those who wish to do our country harm, while protecting due process, is an important step forward and a bipartisan solution we should all be able to get behind.”

Earlier in the week, Congressman Dold broke from his party and opposed adjournment of the House (Roll Call Vote 340 on the Motion to Adjourn) until his colleagues on both sides of the aisle find common ground on legislation to reduce gun violence. Congressman Dold led conversations throughout the week to bring together Republicans and Democrats around a bipartisan solution. He’s made clear to House leadership that his goal is to reach a bipartisan compromise and actually pass legislation that will keep families safe from gun violence.

The bill is the House companion to the bipartisan agreement authored by Senator Susan Collins (R-ME). The other original co-sponsors of the bill are Reps. Robin Kelly (D-IL), Mike Thompson (D-CA), Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI), John Carney (D-DE) and Peter King (R-NY).

“Common sense gun violence prevention has been my top priority since being elected to Congress. I am pleased that a handful of brave and honorable Republican colleagues have taken a stand and reached out to work with Democrats on the simplest of measures: keeping guns away from terrorists,” Rep. Kelly said. "The last two days have been a watershed moment. I truly hope that the leadership of Senator Collins is the beginning of bipartisanship in addressing our nation’s gun violence epidemic. This is a problem we can only solve by working together.”

Specifically, this legislation would give the United States Attorney General the ability to:

• Deny the sale of firearms to individuals who appear on the no-fly and selectee lists with the opportunity to challenge the denial. This appeals process will give American citizens and lawful permanent residents the chance for judicial review of the Attorney General’s decision in a U.S. District court.
    • Allow gun sales to go forward to individuals who are covered by this Act to protect counter terrorism investigations.
    • Report to the Intelligence and Judiciary Committees of the House and Senate the number of persons who were denied a firearm, the number of petitions filed, and the number of instances in which the district court rejected the Attorney General’s decision.
      This bill would also require that the U.S. Attorney General, as well as federal, state, and local law enforcement be notified of any request to transfer a firearm or explosive to a person who is or has been identified in the Terrorist Screening Database within the last five years.

Video from the press conference is available here.

wpt likes this.
  12. Jersey Giant

Jersey Giant Active Member

You can be sure the electric will have to be paid eventually. Who pays it?

13. otto

otto Member

Doc...........did they shut off the electric?