Reward for vetoing ATA WSRC monies and shutting down the WSRC?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Dec 17, 2016.

1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

What do you get for vetoing ATA WSRC monies and shutting down the WSRC? For vetoing the road bill last year. For turning your back on the SCTP. For not honoring the lease between the ATA and the State of Illinois.

It is officially in the minutes.

1296 President Morris then initiated a discussion on presenting Governor Rauner with an
    1297 honorary life membership in the ATA.
    It was the unanimous decision of the Executive
    1298 Committee to award Governor Rauner an honorary life membership in the ATA for his support 1299 of the WSRC and the Grand American.

A life membership in the ATA for Governor Rauner!

I report. You decide.

Merlo out

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

A new K-80 is next.

Flyersarebest likes this.
  3. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

It's like watching a train wreck.

4. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Now Dawg . . . . you know there's a $16,500 limit.

In 1924 after spending months away from home overseeing the construction of the ATA Vandalia homegrounds, George S. McCarty (2nd ATA President) was given a bundle of roses (red I think) which brought him to tears. He said he would have done it for nothing and they certainly shouldn't have spent the extra money on flowers.

After all he did, he still purchased his own life-membership and those for his family.

Now that's a leader in my view.

Enjoy Our History !

HB

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

No chance for a return on investment since the good Governor never shot an ATA target. Another sound decision?

wpt likes this.
  6. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

oleolliedog, It is called bung hole smooching. I wonder if they ever pass out political donations? Roger C.

THEUNLOADER, dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  7. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

Maybe we can give him the Pulitzer Prize just like we gave it to Obamma.Awards are a dime a dozen.Just part of the Good old boys club.

8. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Rauners hands are tied by the likes of Madigan and a few other fine up standing Politicians (democrats) who are blocking any possibility of them coming to terms on any and all compromise on the Budget agreements that have been offered by the Governor ... The State is and has been in turmoil so it seems for ever and a day ... I' am not sure the ATA giving Rauner a Life Membership was more than an act of stupidity being as he is not a shooter so it was nothing more than a waste of paper, but in actuality it did not cost the members anything ... The democrats are Anti Gun and want to regulate them out of the State if at all possible and close down the 24/7 shooting gallery that Chicago has become, its not going to happen because of the criminal element , gang bang shooters, that linger all the way to the White House ... The WSRC is not even second thoughts and cannot be used to any Political advantages so it will not be funded any time soon ... The IDNR/ WSRC cannot break even on events hosted on site, the State cannot afford to pay for others to play on the tax payers dime so there is a problem that just will not go away any time soon in many people's opinion ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  9. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

What did it get Blagovitch for all the work he did ???

15 to 30 ??? Years that is.

Until Obama gives him that last minute pardon...

You just wait and see...I believe Obama actually will do just that for his old Buddy.