remington rebate

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Larry, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Larry

Larry Mega Poster Founding Member

Remington rebate on STS...... $2.00:):). Makes my cost here $5.87, a friend is going to buy the hulls for 5 cents each, takes my cost down to $4.62 which is a few cents less than my loading cost with new shot.... the rebate is good till last day of April............ Larry

Wildcat Lewis, wpt and Michael McGee like this.
  2. Robert Zimmerman

Robert Zimmerman Well-Known Member Founding Member

Just picked up several flats Remington Nitros at AJS Supplies in Wauseon Ohio for $74.99/flat. That's a great deal.

Jersey Giant and wpt like this.
  3. Larry

The rebate scene is interesting to read about...... It makes me wonder just how deep are the pockets of some of the manufacturers and what might be the actual cost to the seller.
    Nitro's , STS, Federal GM plastic and Winchester AA sell at the Oregon Walmart stores for $7.87. If I can find other stores supplying those shells the costs is as high as $11.00...... Then comes the $2.00 rebate. In this area Federal is the only manufacturer I have not see offering a rebate. Value packs go for about $5.50 per box, when less premium shells go on sale 2 for $11 is common and with some the price is $4.80 per box and sometimes less. Locally the rebates are seldom advertised in the stores and it was only by accident I stumbled across this current one for Remington. I also wonder what the real purpose of the rebate is for if they do not advertise there is one going on??
    The local club hosts 4-H, High School and a College shooting activity........ almost without exception the shooters are using the least expensive of the Winchester offerings, a red SW hull marked WW and selling now for $5.65. I would think if the shooters took advantage of the rebates they could be shooting the better ammunition. It all seems to shoot but the steel bases will not extract from all guns and the powder absolutely gums up gas operated semi-auto's. Seems a good selling tool is going to waste. Larry

4. Robert Zimmerman

Just got new price on Remington shells .$71.99

5. Robert Zimmerman

I called Remington and the rebate people today and asked them about a husband and wife getting rebate and they said it was ok to get 2 from same address for 4 flats each. Just cut UPC off and send them in 2 envelopes.

roger Brenner and Larry like this.
  6. cl3

cl3 Mega Poster Founding Member

Great buy at Bottom Dollar @ $71.99

7. Larry

I followed the Remington instructions for filing on line, Its been about 2 weeks since I mailed my proof of purchase to them. Checked the site yesterday and all of my submittals have gone through the process and were approved....... seems they are getting things handled fairly quickly.......... Larry

8. Larry

Just checked the Remington site. 3 of my submitted amounts have gone through the process and "the check is in the mail". :)Larry

HistoryBuff likes this.
  9. Larry

Yesterday my final check from Remington arrived...... With the rebate offered by this company the price for my purchase of STS is reduced to $5.87 per box.... could have sold the hulls to a friend but they load soooooooo nice in my 9000H........ Winchester has the same offer going but the new AA's load great if I buy different wads its not worth it to me but taking advantage of their rebate puts the price at the same $5.87...... I know lots of shooters that shoot the bargain brands for $0.30 a box less that will not take advantage of a premium round with a good hull and hard shot.
    My supply of the old red AA keeps me from doing it but the opportunity is still there. Larry