Release trigger.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by rookieshooter, Jul 6, 2016.

1. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Has anyone had a release trigger made by Phillip Cren.... out of TX.
    If so, how is his work?

2. space gun

space gun Active Member

None better!!!!!

3. THEUNLOADER

THEUNLOADER Mega Poster Founding Member

I AGREE !!! ----------PHILLIP IS THE BEST !!!!!

4. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

PM sent

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Top quality-fair price. What's not to like?

Jon Reitz likes this.
  6. Wildcat Lewis

Wildcat Lewis Active Member

Everything Philip has done for me has been excellent work and very reasonably priced. Adding to that I have never heard anyone say anything but good about him!

7. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Phillip Crenwalge formerly operated P&P Gunsmithing with his brother years ago, and were at the Grand Americans in Vandalia, all work was beyond reproach, and Phil is still doing the best Release Triggers. I highly Reccomend him.

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant........................................Dr.longshot

8. rookieshooter

Thanks for all the input guys. The reason i asked is that a few weeks ago at the CC i asked a gunsmith who was set up there by the name of Lawrence, who does release triggers? He said send it to Phillip. So a few days ago i did. Since I've been out of the shooting circuit for so long i did not know who to send it to. So i thought i'd get some opinion from you guys. Now this is just an 1100 (old version) so no great investment. My higher end guns already have release triggers. Can't wait to get it back and check out his workmanship cause i may have an o/u to send him. But need to see his workmanship first on the 1100.

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Lawrence Pylinski gave you great advice!

10. HKMLOG32

HKMLOG32 Active Member Founding Member

I got a new gun coming and will send it of to Phillips as soon as it gets here. Release pull in mine, everyone talks about how good he is. So I want to see if I like his work.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

11. tsilvan

tsilvan New Member

Doug Hubbart

MISHOOTER likes this.
  12. rookieshooter

Phillip called me yesterday and said the release trig has been shipped and might be here Monday...cool

13. MISHOOTER

MISHOOTER Member

Prefer Hubbart

14. HKMLOG32

HKMLOG32 Active Member Founding Member

Why do u prefer Doug Hubbart, as to someone else who works on triggers. Did he do your trigger, was it to your liking and why.

15. MISHOOTER

MISHOOTER Member

Not comparing anyone's triggers to Doug Hubbart but his triggers are beefy and very well machined. He also uses pins verses the machined hammer systems.

Hubbart goes to the Cardinal Shoots.

just my 02.

16. rookieshooter

just got back my Phillip release trigger today. Looks and works great!

17. rookieshooter

Here's some pics. Now for the fun part. Went to WPAFB and shot some 16's and doubles. My 1100 has the really tight full choke that came with the old 1100's. There is hardly no creep, if there was i would have shot over on the straight aways and in front of the angles.
    DSCN2807.JPG

Attached Files: