Recoil pad ?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by 635 G, May 21, 2021.

1. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Been using Gooey pads, but in Fl, they turn to mush really quick.

Will be going back to Kickeez on all of my guns- I currently use a modified trap model, I know the rocker is similar to the gooey, but which pad do you think gives a more consistent mount----rocker or modified trap?

Thanx

PaulLori27 likes this.
  2. cwtech

cwtech Active Member

Consistency is the responsibility of the shooter - not the pad.

That said, some friends that have tried the rocker style did not like them.

3. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

also, do kickers pads harden with age ?

4. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Harden with age? In my opinion no they don't. I've had one on one of my guns for years and no change at all.

5. KOLAR25

KOLAR25 Active Member

I like the rocker pads because they don't catch on your clothing when you take your gun down. Mounting gun is no different than any other pad.

6. LCH

LCH Mega Poster Forum Leader

I think it sorta depends on how your shooting. I think I could shoot a Gooey pad 300 rounds a day shirtless. They are so soft! But as you say, they turn to mush like rubber worms in summer time. And stick to everything.

I like the rocker pads. Not so much when shooting with a vest on. But with just a tad shirt it seems to really get in there where it should.

If you shoot with a vest, the standard trap pad is fine.

But if Gooey ever fixed their decomposing issue, that would be thee pad IMO.

PaulLori27 likes this.
  7. Digodell

Digodell Active Member

The Microcell pads imported by Hastings are great. Very light, grind nice and work. Several models.

8. nickthanos

nickthanos Well-Known Member

I have been installing & use "Terminator" pads for years. They last a long time and are soft shooting. They come in flat pad & curved pad. I probably install one flat pad for every 20 curved pads.

wpt likes this.