Ramshot Competition Powder 12 Ga. Loads wanted

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Sawdust, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Sawdust

Sawdust Active Member

The only powder that I have presently have in volume is Ramshot Competition. I would like to see what some of you have come up with for loads of 3/4 and 7/8 ounce 12 Ga.loads. I have a fare amount of 209 Cheddite Primers. Various types of wads.

I shoot some Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays. With the cost of Lead Shot continuing to go up and up. I like the smaller loads of shot. It's amazing as how well these lighter loads work!

Thanks ahead for your time in this request.

Steve M.

2. TerryS

TerryS New Member

3. settersit

settersit Active Member

As per Hodgdons reloader website, 17.5 gr Ramshot competition, WAA12L wad - claybuster CB0178-12 equivalent, HS hull, cheddite primer, 1250 FPS. Wonderful load, low recoil, hits hard to smoke birds. Another tip, I've just started to use Winchester red Super Target hulls, they load great and they are all over the place, use them once or twice max, then chuck them. One thing I've noticed is that occasionally, you can get a fold-over crimp, seems, they don't retain crimp memory as well as HS hulls. All in all a soft shooting load that is economical, for these days.

4. Sawdust

Sawdust Active Member

I would like to find a 3/4 ounce 12 Ga.Load with Ramshot Competition Powder that someone has used in the past. I will have it tested professional and post test results , (all components used, pressures and velocities per test report) here for all to see and use!

Thanks
    Steve M.
    stkmkr

5. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

I like it for a 1oz load, first shot of doubles.

ric1911a1 likes this.