Question: Are the campgrounds at the WSRC going to be a separate sale at the WSRC

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by PaulLori27, Feb 15, 2023.

1. PaulLori27

PaulLori27 Active Member

I would think there should be a notice on this stuff if it is true? We might want the campgrounds.

2. Cali shooter

Cali shooter Member

Maybe we should wait until all the details are published or made available. That would clear things up.

3. PaulLori27

PaulLori27 Active Member

You aren’t a moderator here! Don’t tell us what questions we can’t ask! If the campgrounds are going to be sold, we might want in.

Cali….stay off my posts if you don’t like the questions!

4. Cali shooter

Cali shooter Member

I’ll rephrase, I would think when the bid/sale package comes out it will have more information as it was stated by the ata this is the early stages and it may not sell at all. I plan to wait until that happens so I can make an informed decision on how to move forward with the potential sale and if I would like to bid. I personally am considering sending a request for information to further my interest in this matter. While I don’t have 50 million dollars laying around, I could probably swing the campground.

5. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) officials notified Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA)
    officials that legislation could be introduced in the upcoming session that would give the IDNR the
    authority to offer many state properties for bid, possibly to include the World Shooting and Recreational
    Complex (WSRC), Sparta Illinois.
    If IDNR decides to offer the WSRC for bid the process of creating a bid package will take many months if
    not years.
    The current period of the lease agreement between the ATA and IDNR for the use of the facility will
    continue through 2026 and will be honored and very possibly extended no matter who owns the property.
    If more information becomes available, it will be relayed by

shortbarrel likes this.