Pullers Scorers Help Oh My!!!

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Orangeman, May 30, 2021.

1. Orangeman

Orangeman Active Member

There is a shortage of help now. New York had problems finding workers. How will Illinois manage the grand? Do you think the ATA has a plan?

Add to that the workers may have to wear masks. It is State property.

2. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

I remember the old days at NY (Cicero) when they "Supposedly" asked inmates to score for a week.

They lived in the tents in the mud in back of the (what is today) practice trap, and NY wouldn't even give them an out house.

Back then the practice traps were across the road in the mud where they tented. Was not the best of situations for those people.

3. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

From the ATA web site

Attention shooters and clubs:
    This call is going out early so that we can plan our schedule.
    We need help for the state shoot.
    We are looking for people over the age of 18 to help score or help load trap machines.
    There may be some young men or young women who would like to make some extra spending money before college. The offer is also open to seniors who would also like to make some extra spending money.
    We need several people to fill spots that were open from our last shoot.
    Anyone interested in working the state shoot from July 6th to the11th please contact Larry Daigler or Jim Wright.
    Please let us know ASAP.
    Thanks for time.

4. pump gun guy

pump gun guy Active Member

I remember back when a group of young people traveled to shoots and worked as pullers/scorers and loaders. They would follow the circuit and wind it up at the Grand . They camped on the ATA grounds and were a great asset. Then came the year that suddenly the upety smucks in the ATA told them they could NOT camp om the grounds anymore . They laid it off on the health Dept. ( which I call BS on) ! When the kids asked what they could do the uppety smucks said "GET A HOTEL ROOM" ( which of course the kids could not afford. )So the ATA lost all their trap help overnight ! They were begging for anybody who would to come help ( I pulled a few rounds myself. ) Just one more stupid move by the ATA to add to their long list of boners !

5. Troutbum

Troutbum Active Member

Nobody inside or outside wore masks last week at the US Open. The ATA is, however, well short on help needed to pull off the Grand. They are recruiting workers age 16 and up and need 200 of them for AIM week and the Grand.

6. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

ill bet touching soil for some of those inmates,was heaven sent, even if it was mud. and to be so close to guns? try that in todays world .lol.

Hasbeen likes this.
  7. bobski

sounds like an employees market. if i was going, id say (whats it worth to you to pull?)

8. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

They AIN'T Got no scorers or Trap Help, or Loaders.

GB....................................DLS

9. bobski

sounds like a logistics nightmare.

10. Michael J

Michael J Active Member

What is it worth to the shooters to pay help $15.00 hr?

11. bobski

having a match and winning?