Prayers needed.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by T Jordan, Aug 31, 2021.

1. T Jordan

T Jordan Well-Known Member V I P

History Seeker and his wife are both battling Covid 19 keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

History Seeker likes this.
  2. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

saw, they both live in The Villages, Dave prayers on on the way Phil

3. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

wow....

of course. done.

4. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Sorry Dave forgot your wife's name ,Judy prayers on the way for her too,

Phil

5. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

So sorry to hear. Hope you both are well soon and you folks are in our thoughts and prayers.

Dave & Sandy Berlet

6. fdiesel

fdiesel Active Member Founding Member

Wishing he she his wife a speedy recovery and a successful bout with Covid.

7. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Dave shot with Chris Vendel , Stayed with Spencer & Sean Power in SC--set tons of targets a real good guy, this pisses me off, he underwent major surgery in the spring--hes a tough old bird--he'll make it

T Jordan and History Seeker like this.
  8. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Prayers coming, May God watch over and guide you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. RPAD

RPAD Well-Known Member

Sent

10. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers folks.

We had both had the 2 Pfizer shots, one in March, one in April but we still got this stuff.

A contractor's demolition man came into the house two weeks ago with what he said a bad summer cold. we kept our distance but apparently not good enough. He went home that day and has not returned to work since.

Thankfully we have had the shots. Although we are pretty worn out, the Doctors and Nurses told us the shots seem to keep the symptoms at a lower scale than those without.

Last weekend I found my wife on the bathroom floor at 1 AM, called 911, and from there we found out what we both have.

Thanks again, and I truly do not wish this on anyone.

And little did I ever know how much someone would depend on taste and smell. It is one strange feeling to not have those senses.

There are a lot of our shooting friends who are a lot worse off than we are, with different problems.

Let's all keep those folks in our thoughts and prayers also.

Terry had heart surgery, 635G is having a tough time with his back, Two Dogs has been battling issues, and the list of friends goes on and on.

Keep all in our prayers.

11. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

will your senses return?

12. History Seeker

Bobski,

My wife says I have had no sense for a long time. I am sure those who know me would agree with her. LOL

But to answer your question, we were just on the phone again with our doctor (she calls every morning) and I asked that same question, only with the time line.

Doctor advised us it may take some time before those Taste and Smell senses return.

Also, I asked about the 10 day quarantine, Whether it was from the day we tested positive, or when we first suspected COVID.

10 days from when you first noticed the symptoms, and then wait 72 extra hours just to be sure.

Not an expert, but learning more every day about this.

A lot of different theories on this, and whether you can contact COVID again after you have had it once.

Like those with shots, and not getting COVID, the answer is up in the air at this time. Some say no, some say yes.

turbo38gn likes this.
  13. wpt

Chemo and Radiation start 09/07/21, 35 treatments of Radiation (7 weeks) and one mega dose per week of Chemo for 8 weeks or they give me 2 years ... Not looking forward to this ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

You guys who are going thru the big"C" have a way better outlook, than me--If a doc says- you got the big "C" and its terminal, all I care about is how many good or tolerable months will I have & I promised the admiral no mess in the house-- that's me ,I'm not religious, I don't believe in any promises that are theoretical,
    I'm too much of a realist,

wpt likes this.
  15. Tom in PA

Tom in PA Active Member

Best wishes and prayers to all. Your chances of getting covid again after having the infection is much less.

T Jordan and HistoryBuff like this.
  16. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Prayers sent.

HistoryBuff likes this.
  17. History Seeker

WPT,

Prayers your way friend.

Bless you.

T Jordan and wpt like this.
  18. wpt

Thank you (HS) and thank you to all who have been praying for me and calling with words of encouragement ... " I GOT THIS , I think" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

T Jordan and HistoryBuff like this.
  19. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Prayers and well wishes sent to all friends in need. Keep your positive attitudes . . . it helps!