Powder

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Cavscout107, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Cavscout107

Cavscout107 Retired Army

Does anyone know of an online retailer in the US that is selling powder???......seems like the only powder out there today is for 50 cals or pistols. Looking for shotshell powder......given up on primers!

2. jet setter

jet setter Active Member

Did you check Hodgdon directly? They do sell powder somewhat directly to the consumer. They had powder last week. I have not checked if the are sold out or not.

3. Cavscout107

Cavscout107 Retired Army

Sweet....thanks for the info....going there now!

4. Cavscout107

Cavscout107 Retired Army

Nothing there,,,,all sold out!

5. jet setter

jet setter Active Member

Copy. My only other suggestion is to keep checking the usual online sites for a sudden restock. My friends check online suppliers daily. Most usually end up getting powder and primers at least once a month.

6. Cavscout107

Cavscout107 Retired Army

Do you mind asking them what sites they view???.....I have a few of the biggies...Ballistic Products and MidwayUSA....but Im sure there are more that I am missing

7. thetruth22

thetruth22 Member

Midwayusa should have it in store

8. jet setter

jet setter Active Member

Brownells is another source

9. JSKOLAR1

JSKOLAR1 Mega Poster

What kind of powder are you looking for and where are you located

Thanks in advance
    JSkolar1

10. Cavscout107

Cavscout107 Retired Army

Hogdon or Alliant brand......really anything for shotshell reloading....have plenty of pistol and rifle powder......shotshell powder is my main concern now

11. duk_hntr

duk_hntr Active Member USAF Retired

CS107, thank you for your service.

I do all my Internet ‘work’ on a Windows computer, so don’t know if this works on other devices. I use bookmarks to list the sites I visit every day. And the bookmarks are in folders listed on my Favorites bar. I check Powder Valley, 3rd Generation, Ballistic Products (BPI), Recobs, & Hodgdon sites daily. I check for up to 12 different powders and primers. So far, I have scored on one order of Win WST powder and one order of Clay Dot powder; five 1-lb bottles of each. I also signed up for email alerts from Brownell’s, Graf, Natchez, & Precision Powder. BPI had some primers for sale last week, but since I still have about 9,000 in stock, I passed on them due to the cost ($260/5,000). Maybe this will help you set up a system to look for components. :)

12. Cavscout107

Cavscout107 Retired Army

thanks.....been scouring the web looking for powder.....damn HAZMAT and shipping cost kills ya!!!!!......found a few can out there though. Be great to find some primers now!!!......BPI had those Cheddite primers last week.....have any of you guys used them before???......I have never tried them

13. duk_hntr

duk_hntr Active Member USAF Retired

I've been using Cheddites & Noble Sport primers for going on 15 years. I can count on one hand the number of failed to fire. If you shoot a Browning or K-80, you may find piercing of the primer to be a problem as that is the biggest complaint I have seen over the years. Never seen one in any of my Beretta's, Rugers, SKBs, or Blazers. Don't know what my Fabarm will do with them as I don't have it yet. The NS primers will make using American made primers afterward problematic. But then, they are very scarces in the US. When I ran out of NS primers and went back to Cheddites, I just threw away all the hulls that had been loaded with NS primers and started from scratch again. I never gave it a second thought, but it sure bugs the heck out of some folks as an unacceptable loss. The last time I bought 20,000 Cheddites they were about $30 cheaper per case than Winchesters. That was like buying 4 cases and getting one free compared to the cost of the Winchester case. I like cheap!
    :)

14. Cavscout107

Cavscout107 Retired Army

Well,,,,,going to keep an eye on BPI......they seem to have them every so often.......need stock up on everything before this clown in washington gets his way and bans everything!