POLL. Olin - Winchester has bought White Flyer - Good for trapshooting? POLL

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Sep 11, 2023.

?

Is the purchase of White Flyer by Winchester good for shotgun sports?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

The title says it all. Winchester has bought White Flyer.

I report. You decide.
    merlo out

2. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

more and more the gun industry is pulling in all the little companies to create on big one....so its easier for the govt to shut down everything in one fell swoop.
    hasnt anyone heard of anti-trust, fair trade, etc...?

Ken Cerney likes this.
  3. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Merlo should have said winchester once again owns white flyer. Back in the day winchester owned the target company before spinning it off. Not an issue about large company owning anything. Going back to the way it was when I started shooting. Merlo needed to ask who don't care, Me.

oleolliedawg and grizquad like this.
  4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

When the government takes over digital currency you may not be allowed to purchase ammo guns or targets do not fret, they will protect all of your rights. they will be monitoring of your personal finances you probably will not be able to buy , anything they do no approve.. Roger C.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    M Johnson and Ken Cerney like this.
  5. M Johnson

M Johnson Active Member

I'm not sure who Winchester (OLIN?) is anymore. Does that Japanese firm own it all? I remember back in the 90's they bought the ammo side of things and, as I recall, screwed up the best hull for reloading at the time. So based on that experience, I would say NO.

6. bobski

back in the day, seems everyone made clays.
    remington did until 2008, and as mentioned, winchester. (i still have an old box laying around somewhere.)
    it was fair trade.
    remington made the guns, the ammo, and the targets.
    winchester made the guns, the ammo, and the targets.
    browning made the guns, the ammo, but i never saw clays from browning.
    it was good clean competition to win a market.
    but now, europe's got their hands in everything.
    and as mentioned, no one ever knows who owns what anymore.
    and all that across the pond revenue goes to support one world order and weird european ideals.
    as for not caring, remember that the day all guns and ammo are gone and locked up in one big central warehouse, with one person holding the key.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  7. multifired

multifired Active Member

Olin, who owns Winchester ammo is a New York Exchange traded stock. They also have the contract to run the Lake City Army Ammunition plant. Your retirement account may very well own Olin or a fund that holds Olin and the same for Vista. Vista owns the Alliant name but the powder is manufactured at the government owned contractor operated Radford Army Ammunition plant which if I remember correctly is run by New River Energetics which is the core propellant manufacture for the US Department of Defense. Winchester branded reloading powder which is distributed by Hodgdon is made at St. Marks Powder facility which is owned by General Dynamics. So for those who think the sky is falling because Olin now owns White Flyer just think about the above. Tom

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  8. bobski

its a shell game.
    the sky isnt falling. the stars are aligning.....again.
    its all designed to avoid anti trust laws.
    its old fashion big business.
    though white flyer may only appear as one snow flake, the fact is ...all over the nation, its snowing.
    Untitled.jpg

9. Sgoose

Sgoose Mega Poster Founding Member

If White Flyer is in financial trouble this is a good move we can be assured that targets will still be made for us to shoot at IMO
    Sgoose

10. bobski

agree, but i doubt they are. what we need to remember is....the euro/foreign import market is cutting into usa's commerce.
    that includes canada.
    what i would have liked to see is winchester (making) their own and allowing white flyer to continue.
    but the common thing these days is takeovers and buy outs, where companies slap their name brand over someone elses and call it theirs. (remington? winchester/browning?)
    having winchester absorb white flyer is like coke absorbing pepsi, and allowing pepsi to to be maketed under the pepsi name...while coke is actually the owner.
    i/e: how would many of you feel if your alferman, bowen, and seitz were all owned by ljutic? it would certainly raise some eyebrows.
    perazzi entered the u.s market thru mossberg new haven. they got a boost.
    but, once they got a foothold, they peeled off. right?

11. M Johnson

M Johnson Active Member

So I guess Multifired would be in the "Yes" column??:):)

12. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member V I P

I THINK it may be better that Olin bought WF instead of Vista. We’ll see…

Roger Coveleskie and settersit like this.