POLL - Fishburn scholarship fund was given $100 by the ATA - POLL

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Dec 24, 2021.

?

Was the ATA donation to the Jack Fishburn Scholarship fund enough?

1. $100 was the appropriate amount.

2. A donation is a donation. Be happy they got anything.

3. Should have been much more.

4. Should have been less if anything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

Many are still mourning the loss of Jack Fishburn. According to the ATA Minutes, the EC decided to donate $100 to the Jack Fishburn Memorial Scholarship Fund. There has been some push back on this from friends of the Cardinal Center.

I report. You decide.
    merlo out

2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Missing at least one zero

dr.longshot and OLD MAN like this.
  3. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Jack offers free ground for the HOF, the HOF a couple of hundred thousand dollars at the same time. All the EC members to get $10,000 guns (at least) Jack bails out the SCTP when the ATA dumped them. Gipson gets ridiculous bonus each year. The Martins get into the HOF, the ATA sends 100 bucks. My guides get bigger tips than that every weekend. I'd tell the ATA to kiss my ass, so should you Jake and Luke.

4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Send the $100.00 back with a NO THANKS. Roger C.

5. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

The hundred bucks is a slap in the face.I would send it back with a note that I would get banned for printing it here.

6. possumskinner

possumskinner Active Member

Beat me to it! Missing at least one zero. New President was at the meeting? Hayes went along with that low amount? Now you know.

dr.longshot likes this.
  7. Palos shooter

From the ATA web site
    Secretary Galloway discussed the following correspondence with the Board of Directors:
    Jack Fishburn, at the age of eighty-seven, passed away since the last meeting of the Board of Directors. His legacy will include the Cardinal Center in Ohio. At the request of the Fishburn family, in lieu of flowers, the ATA made a $100 donation to the
    Jack Fishburn Memorial Scholarship Fund.

8. Palos shooter

More from the site
    President Shaw advised the Executive Committee of the proper procedures regarding reimbursement of expenses for this Meeting. It was stated that the Accountable Plan which was adopted on October 4, 2010, provides for lodging reimbursements in the Sparta Area of $141.00 per day and a per diem meal rate of $66.00 per day. Business travel is to be reimbursed pursuant to paid receipts or mileage according to the current Federal Charitable Rate.
    Multiply that by the delegates and by the number of days of the grand and you can see the royalty in our sport.

9. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

After all that for the royalty where would they find the moneys to donate to Jack's Scholarship Fund?

Flyersarebest and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  10. Tom in PA

Tom in PA Active Member

At first I thought it was more like an annual donation or something along those lines. Since it was only meant to be in lieu of flowers at the family's request, it seems appropriate. Do I think they should have it on their agenda to make a more significant donation to honor Jack's memory and contribution to the sport, certainly. Heck, they could even poll the members before spending their money...

dr.longshot and Flyersarebest like this.
  11. OLD MAN

OLD MAN Member

I think it's time OHIO and PA tell the ATA to go to HELL and start their own trapshooting assocation, then when the ATA don't have all the money coming in from the daily fees, from these states. Maybe then all of the EC members would just get a 870 !!!!

12. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

OLD MAN When I was on the OSTA board (for 7 years) I made the same recommendation you just did at every meeting. No one listened.

13. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

I think Jack and his family should be nominated for induction in to the H.O.F. HE HAS DONE MORE FOR THE SPORT THAN ANY ONE ELSE IN HISTORY OF THE SPORT. Roger C.

14. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

I'm with you. The title was "click bait". The family asked for a donation instead of flowers so the ata sent what they figured a flower arrangement would cost.

The conversation at the ata office should have been,

Hey guys, I see that the Fishburn family would like a donation to their scholarship fund instead of flowers.

Yeah, what do you think? A hundred bucks should do it right?

It is Jack Fishburn. Do you realize what he has done for trap shooting? Do you have a clue how much money we make from the fees collected from all those people that have gone to his place? And will continue to go there for years.

Here's what we are going to do. You call the local florist close to his place and tell them you want the nicest arrangement they can make for five hundred dollars.

Yeah but the family wanted a donation to the scholarship fund instead of flowers.

I know that. That is why we are going to also send them a check for two thousand dollars for the fund.

And if anyone complains tell him we can take it out of his bonus. That should shut him up.