Police didn’t engage perp at school should be charged w felony!

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by badactor, May 26, 2022.

1. badactor

badactor Active Member Founding Member

Once again we hear about police that didnt engage a killer at a school. My opinion…Any police officer that does not immediately engage a killer must be charged and sentenced to prison.

What say you?

John Trap and THEUNLOADER like this.
  2. Maser

Maser ∞ Based ∞

The SCOTUS already ruled that cops are NOT legally obligated to put their lives on the line for the public. The whole "serve and protect" thing is just there for flavor text.

Speedshots0 likes this.
  3. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Teachers should be armed and trained,

Speedshots0 and firewater like this.
  4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Mega Poster V I P

Badactor,
    No police officer is just going to run into any situation without any knowledge of the situation. If you think you can do better than go ahead and volunteer as an auxiliary officer. Then you can run blindly into shootings and such. Been there done that for 27 years.

5. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

12:15 PM Friday, 5/27/22

The police just said that the shooter entered the building through a door that was PROPPED OPEN by a teacher. Apparently, this teacher had just done it when this nut job crashed his vehicle. Probably did it all the time and never gave it another thought. Why would they? Maybe the school didn't have air conditioning, or it wasn't working properly. For whatever the reason, this horrific event would not have happened if the school was locked up and secure.

As in any and all situations, one small factor can make all the difference. The problem with propping a door open is, the open door wasn't a small factor. It was a MAJOR mistake.
    You can bet all the money you have the lawsuits will be coming against the school district for this lack of security.

Through the marriage of our daughter to a great guy that had 2 sons that got married and had families of their own I now have 4 great-grandchildren that are in elementary school. I told them that they should contact their school officials and ask what the policy is as far as security. His number one son is married to a teacher and son number two is a teacher and married a teacher. All three of them told me they asked the questions about security at the first meeting before school started last Sept. One main entrance. No propped open doors.

6. Flyersarebest

Thanks for all the years of service Mike. I would ask you to review the "rules of engagement" when the ACTIVE SHOOTER call goes out.
    I just heard what the officers are trained to do in that case but it would be better if you read it yourself. That stops all the "I said, you said" stuff.

And for anyone that doesn't want to bother searching it out, the training is, DON'T HESITATE, GO TO THE SOUND OF THE GUNFIRE AND STOP IT.

John Trap likes this.
  7. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Active Member

I agree with the training of Engagement as a trained officer ! I wonder with the report , as this scumbag fired 2 shots after wrecking his Gm's truck ,
    why weren't these officers on Full Alert ? Also , Why wasn't the school administrators and security more aware of access to classrooms ?
    Seems to me , a lot more has fallen through the cracks that would of saved some lives ?

Flyersarebest likes this.
  8. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Active Member

I'm just wondering Mike , surely this Bad Guy was reported after shooting at passer by'ers after wrecking the truck ? Something is fishy with that
    law-enforcement agency ? Even the school district is of concern , with there protection of little kids ?

9. Flyersarebest

5/27/22

"Uvalde school district police chief identified as the commander who decided not to breach classroom"

That wasted time. From the reports I read, once this" mentally challenged" 18-year-old was inside HE locked the door behind him. The response team had to get the key from a janitor when they got the go ahead.

Again, I will say that the number one reason this got started in that school was because a teacher had propped open the door.
    If that door was locked what would the shooter have done?

I say mentally challenged because someone that was NOT "disturbed" would never even think about doing this. He posted on social media. Face book Messenger to be exact. Face Book said that since they were "personal" messages and not public ones they didn't see any reason to take them down. WTF? That is just Facebook covering their asses. You can google, "Texas shooter social media" and read the posts he put up.

99.9999% of the 18-year-old "kids" in this country wake up in the morning and think about school, or their girlfriends, or their cars, or what they want for breakfast. This person woke up and planned on shooting his grandmother and as many people as possible. THAT is not "normal." As usual, his ex-classmates said he was " a quiet loner". Geeeez, how many times have we heard that?

I'm not making any kind of excuse for this "disturbed" individual. I wish these people would just go down to their basement and kill themselves. He didn't have the nerve to do himself in so he barricaded himself in that school room knowing full well they would be coming for him. This sounds like "suicide by Cop".

As I said in my other post, I have great grandchildren the ages of these precious babies that he shot. My heart hurts and I tear up just thinking of those innocent kids.

The keystone for all the lawsuits that will follow will be the fact that a teacher, PROPPED OPEN THAT DOOR.

firewater and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  10. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I don't have any idea why anyone would want to be a cop today. When my kids were in high school in the early 2000's the middle school kids had a food fight in the cafeteria on one of the last days of the school year. The school principal, a woman or womxn, called the police to handle it, the police. Everyone is scared of law suits, being fired, or going to prison so no one is doing their jobs or what common sense dictates be done.

You can't have 50 years of political correctness in the schools without ending up where we are at, and it ain't going to get any better in the near future. Teacher unions are the greatest threat to our society. When you teach nothing and spend all the time on indoctrination is it any wonder what is going on. Why would we allow teachers to teach queer talking points without calling them out. Everything is racist.

When my boy was in collage he had a bunch of Iranian assistant professors that were anti American (Toledo U) that were anti white racists, after two years he quit and joined the military so he could go to Afghanistan and legally shoot them. That's what he learned in collage.

firewater likes this.
  11. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Active Member

I agree today's society is what's ruining this country , Lawyers in particular !
    Back in the early 60's while I was in grade school one of my classmates thought it was funny reaching over and breaking my pencil , while I was sharpening it !
    By reaction I gave him a stiff jab right to his nose , blood went everywhere and the teacher punished me by taking out her paddle with holes , and , Infront of
    the class , she gave me 5 hard slaps on my Ass . This was in the forth grade in Pascagoula , Miss . Then made me sit on a high-chair in the corner of the
    room , for all to see ! I'll never forget that teacher ! Those day's of correcting kids are over , with out any repercussions other than being sent home or worst
    calling the cops to handle it , most good kids are made into bad kids because our system teaches them , not to be afraid of the cops with little respect !

Flyersarebest and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  12. Flyersarebest

5/29/22
    Well the CYA has started. The latest “news” report is that even if that door was closed, it had to be manually “locked” and it’s not the teachers fault that he gained entry.

How about this? The door SHOULD HAVE BEEN LOCKED.

They can try an spin it anyway they want but the fact remains that a teacher’s
    mistake led to this guy getting inside.

The other BS campaign has also started. Hold Daniel Defense responsible.
    They saw that they were successful with their lawsuit against Remington so they will try it again.

13. Speedshots0

Speedshots0 Active Member

While i agree with you not everyone has the stomach to use a gun. at lease one or two security office should be at the school and cops should be ready to jump in at moments notice.

14. Flyersarebest

5/31/23
    It sounds like the teachers union has entered the fray.

Now the story is the, “unidentified teacher”, a she, closed the propped open with a rock door but it didn’t lock.
    Yeah, right! The CYA machine is running on all cylinders.

How about this? The teacher should have NEVER PROPPED IT OPEN in the first place.
    The Fed entry team had to get a key from a janitor so it sounds like the 18 year old shooter had no problem locking it.

firewater likes this.