PITA & AITA

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by dr.longshot, Mar 11, 2015.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

What do you think? forming an ATLANTIC TRAPSHOOTING ASSOCIATION for the east coast and having the PACIFIC INTERNATIONAL TRAPSHOOTING ASSOCIATION on the west coast, dividing the USA in half, half to the east, and half to the west.

Using the PITA Rule book for both entities, officers to compose both of the east and west.

The GRAND ITA is pitting east against west, alternating GITA, from a site on the west and a site on the east, coasts. Both PITA & AITA splitting the trophy costs
    as their wins will be the same. The GITA could come from either east or west coasts, for Handicap, Singles, Doubles.

The best of the West PITA Teams Vs the best of the EAST AITA
    teams, plus the high scores regardless of East or West per event.

Any other ideas that should be considered, such as adopting a common rule book.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  2. Bat

Bat Mega Poster

Why is the PITA rulebook ok in your mind? It is the same as the ATA rulebook concerning the two big issues (shell speed & target angles) you keep harping about?

smoking357 likes this.
  3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I think the PITA would be more acceptable to change

4. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

PITA split off originally because they didn't want some fat old guys in Ohio telling them what to do.

I am glad to see they are more open to your way of thinking this time around.:D:D:D

lord maker and Leonidas like this.
  5. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I have to believe by this time the rules are pretty much set in stone and not really subject to change ... This would be for the ATA as well and PITA being as they have been in place for as long as they have been ... People may not like them but if you are going to shoot in either organization you might as well suck it up and shoot ... By percentage there are many more in favor of things the way they are as opposed to the way they were ... Thats just the way it appears to be ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Michael McGee and Wishbone like this.
  6. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

Have you contacted PITA and ask them on their thoughts on change?

7. dr.longshot

they split because of your harrassment

8. dr.longshot

They liked the Ohio Way

9. dr.longshot

I hear you grntitan-leonidas

10. dr.longshot

Leonidas-grntitan SOS

11. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

PITA split?

Sorry you have me mixed up with someone else.

I asked a simple question, please respond with a civilized answer.

Your remarks are argumentative and have no bearing on the topic of the thread.

12. wpt

If there was to be a new organization formed the rules would probably have to be close to those that exist between the ATA and the PITA with some variations of course ... The cost of forming a new organization in todays economy might be a little on the tough side what with the programing, computers, scheduleing, set up cost, and personel at some point in time ... The By Laws would have to be (established) re establised, then the rule books, membership forms, membership cards, and all things that go with an organization to that degree ... Not saying it can't be done, just saying it can be a mounumental task to get established and then keep it going ... There is usually a more than what meets the eye in the way of doing what is being suggested ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    N1H1 likes this.
  13. Ajax

Ajax Active Member Founding Member

Doc, have you been in contact with the PITA to see if they're interested in something like you suggest?

Ajax

14. Ajax

15. dr.longshot

I think the PITA has been reading this and are considering the effect? And will be making some suggestions in the near future, for the growth of both orginizitions.

16. iowa guy

iowa guy Mega Poster Founding Member

So if I read this correctly, you're wanting to create a new organization (AITA), then get the PITA to change their current rules to that which you will create for your new organization. All this in an effort to create a challenge shoot between the two organizations. Really you don't need the PITA involvement at all. Just create your new organization to compete with the ATA. The shooters will choose which one they shoot. Obviously, you won't allow cross registration with the ATA because their targets wouldn't conform to your rules.

Maybe you'll be successful with this. The only way you'll know is to get out and do it. Good luck.

17. Ajax

So Doc , I would take that as a NO.

18. VMc

VMc Member

One difference in PITA is the leadoff man gets to see a pair at each post in doubles.

Vince McNamara

wpt likes this.
  19. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Yeah, Gary, I'm not sure why you see PITA as salvation. I'll bet the PITA leaders have no desire to compete in any way with ATA.

Good comments.

A new association could still recognize ATA rules for target cross-registration, but the ATA targets would be registered under a sport perhaps named "Novice Trap," "Junior/Senior Trap," or some classification that denotes ATA Trap is not the standard Trap format of the new association.

I don't think PITA is looking to go the Gary/Dysinger route. They've had decades to change their format and haven't.

Have you looked at what the die-off of the ATA shooter base is expected to be over the next 20 years? It may not have anyone left in it.

20. wpt

I agree and have no doubt they are watching it also, problem is they are not trying to stop the bleeding by promotion in any way ... I see shooters at the club all the time who used to shoot registered ATA and gave it up about the time the big move to Sparta took place, not sure that had anything to do with it or if its a coincidence ... The ATA can survive on the daily fees, the WSRC is depending on big income @ #3.00 per event shooters fee, just to break even and its not happening ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  21. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

You noticed that, too? I don't think they want promotion, as promotion brings new members, and new members may not want to keep it 1964, forever. They and the more devoted of their members only seem to want newcomers as long as the newcomer does exactly as told and believes exactly as told.

Keep this in mind.

Not if registered shooting utterly collapses in the next decade die-off. Plus, I'm not sure the regional clubs want to see their fees being used solely for propping up the Grand and Sparta.

3491 distinct shooters in 2014 at the Grand. Each shooter would have to kick in $286 in fees to cover $1 million in operating expense. What is the annual operating expense of the WRSC? $2 million? 3? Very few are handing the ATA $300 in fees at the Grand.

22. wpt

The annual operational and maintainance for the WSRC is claimed to be $3 million dollars, they claim to take in 1.1 million which creates the offset in the hole of 1.9 million dollars ... I don't see it being in operation but hope it is for the sake of those who attend ... The people of Sparta need something to keep the place on the map besides the hookers and sex offenders ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

23. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

There is only 19 sex offenders living in the immediate area of Sparta. Not everyone in Sparta is a sex offender. Not sure about prostitutes.

24. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

I'd like to know how the Grand nets $1.1 million for the state from the ATA. I don't see how Illinois ever covers its losses at the WRSC.

25. wpt

smoking357,
    Thats not what the Grand generates, that the total income generated off of the existance of the WSRC for the year ... Dismal at best and not a good showing for that investement ... They claim $50 million yet on the States site it estimates 31. 4 million, the $50 million was based on the completed site which was supposed to be done in 10 years ... That being said they obviously were going to make some major improvements to the site this year at a cost of $18.6 million which would go over like a ROCK with the States budget in a shambles ...