Pete McCall died

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Trap Haus, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Trap Haus

Trap Haus Active Member Founding Member

I thought this might have been posted by now. Pete was the most down to earth guy I have met in his class of shooter. I know many of you have met and shot with him.

2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

First met Pete as I was coming off the shoot off traps at the Grand in 1977. He saw the Fed papers in my box carrier and was the first one to shake my hand.

Again, the good ones leave us way too soon. As the saying goes, they broke the mold.

If there is a heaven it better get ready for a lot of joking and laughter.

3. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Pete was one of the Good Guys ... Met him while we did CPR on a guy at the old Phx, club one year at the Spring Grand ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Met Pete around '89 at Vandalia. He was a larger than life character.

5. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Very sad, Pete was a very down to earth Trapshooter with great ability. And he was the best person to 'tune' Kolar release triggers to the way the customer wanted.

6. Toughbuckeye

Toughbuckeye Member

I had known Pete for almost 50 years of my ATA trapshooting, I can say Pete supported my views on target settings, as he was not inclined on the changes made, he said they are making targets easier for the less capable ability shooter. Pete was the Kolar man with the most knowledge
    on fixing anything or adjusting the KOLAR to the shooter. Pete I sadly miss your passing, may God Bless you and your family. Your friend Gary Bryant.

7. greta cesario

greta cesario Well-Known Member

Pete ...

Was a gentleman at all times....I went to Vandalia many years ago and had
    A stock made. When I got back to Florida..I was shooting and my neck was
    Bleeding...quite a lot, Pete came by, looked at me and asked WHO
    Made me a DONKEY stock. I suffered a bit longer and sold the stock for
    $100 dollars. Another of my many mistakes

Greta c

8. To Bad he left us before he could see the great change America is about to take, Kind Regards Gordon