Perfect Pattern 1 oz. load

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Bill J., Nov 22, 2023.

1. Bill J.

Bill J. Member

I opened my first keg of Perfect Pattern powder, and following the recommended numbers from Hodgdon I used a MEC #18 bushing looking for 16 grains but that only gave me 13.8. Fortunately I also had a #19 bushing, closer but not 16 grains. With a round file and sandpaper I was able to open it up enough to drop 15.8 - 16.2 grains.

I was loading WST with a #30 bushing to get equal, (1235), FPS so this stuff is quite dense.

Haven't shot any yet but with a few minor adjustments it makes a very nice reloaded shell.

Bill J.

2. Joey Benko

Joey Benko Active Member

would love to know how it shoots

3. Bill J.

Bill J. Member

I too would like to know . . . . .
    I broke my knee cap about three weeks ago, had surgery yesterday to put the parts back where they belong, so it will still be a few weeks before I get to shoot anything.

4. Just Trap

Just Trap Well-Known Member

Buy some & try it - it goes bang. Along with High Gun it's one of the few powders available consistently. I'm selling off my Red Dot and 700X to switch to those.

5. gone7tee

gone7tee Member

It Loads good for me. 15gr with waa12sl claybuster clone. AA-HS hull, win primer. I've shot 100 and can't say any misses were the shells fault.

6. gone7tee

gone7tee Member

One additional note, there was no wad pressure movement on the indicator.

7. 37 COUPE

37 COUPE Active Member

Message me please I am interested in buying your 700x powder Thanks

truceball405 likes this.
  8. truceball405

truceball405 Sharpshooter

Please let us know how they work with Cheddite primers. It’s all that I have right now. I don’t understand why Hogdon doesn’t show more Cheddite info. It is the most available and affordable primer.

9. WillieG

WillieG Member

I purchased a jug of PP, loaded a few and brought them to Florida with me to try out. GC hulls, 1oz mag 8, CB8100 Rem clone wad, #17 mec bushing for me drops 14.7 +/- , Cheddite primer. I have only shot them on singles , they break these high flying wind blown Florida targets with authority, light recoil, very clean. Wish I had brought more.

10. Bill J.

Bill J. Member

Win AA hull, Cheddite primer, CB4100-12B wad and 1 ounce of 7-1/2 shot with16 Grains of Perfect Pattern

Regularly smoked targets and not much recoil, but a bit dirty, not as dirty as WST which I'm replacing but not as clean as I expected. I'm going to bump this up a bit, recipe calls for 16.4 to get 1235 FPS and that was what I was looking for.
    I could shoot this load from here on but what fun would that be as I enjoy tinkering with perfection being the goal.

11. Bill J.

Bill J. Member

So my knee has healed up enough to shoot, and while that was going on I found that the powder seal O ring on my PW 2000 had broken so powder drops were inconsistent. With the O ring replaced and a new #19 MEC bushing installed I loaded a couple boxes to shoot from the 23 yard line and the result was very, very good.

Win AA hull, Cheddite primer, 15.6 grains of Perfect Pattern, CB4100-12B wad, 1 ounce #7-1/2 shot produced 1200 FPS

This is an excellent load, soft shooting, hard breaks and a clean barrel!