Parker Bros restored 12ga. Competition shooter.

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by Joe Winnicki, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Joe Winnicki

Joe Winnicki Mega Poster

This is a Parker Brothers "V" grade made to shoot the classic SxS shoots not a collectors wall hanger, revamped to enjoy shooting clays or hunting with a classic. Parker Brothers modern steel barrels, mod/full, barrels reblued, stocks replaced, length of pull to the first trigger 14-1/2", DAC 1-2/2" DAH 2-1/2" stocks show some handling marks, taken care of but used. Custom Wood is very good looking, 30" barrels, bores excellent, I had the receiver color case hardened, breach shows little wear, all upgrades were costly. I bought as is ( except the receiver work and CCH) shooting it over the years until switching to a single trigger gun, m21. SN 148xxx, all SN# match on the iron and receiver. #2 frame. $2995.00 $50.00 shipping.

Joescout

Attached Files:

2. EdS

EdS Member

From what I see on line, the "V" simply means that the barrels are Vulcan steel. What else can you tell me about the grade of this Parker? Also, could you please post photos of the top of the receiver with the barrels on and closed showing the position of the opening lever? Thanks, Ed

3. Joe Winnicki

Joe Winnicki Mega Poster

Yes on the barrel was Vulcan steel and this has a "V" on the water table indicating Vulcan quality or grade
    If any wants a queen safe. I've got an "A" for 9k or a "B" grade for 8k. I might sell, if so I'll put them up but I'm interested in turning this into the Parker forum.

Thanks, Joe

PS: A friend and I bought this "V" grade Parker together many years ago just for kicks, not knowing much about Parkers then I saw a "C" grade for sale at a pawn shop, Single trigger, Vent rib, turned out to be one of only 17 made with 30" barrels think we sold I this weekend.

Attached Files:

4. Joe Winnicki

Joe Winnicki Mega Poster

Mistake, NOT interested in turning this into the Parker forum - sorry.

5. Joe Winnicki

Joe Winnicki Mega Poster