PA Sets Westy Hogan Dates For 2022-Aug. 18-21

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by oleolliedawg, Oct 28, 2021.

1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

I see PA has set the new date for the Westy Hogan shoot for August 18-21 2022. Isn't that the same time the Cardinal Classic in OH. is being held? A bit of conflict there maybe?

2. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Yep, not sure what they were thinking. The Classic catches folks on their way home east from the Grand.

3. DEDPAIR

DEDPAIR Well-Known Member

The date change should ease the issue of Line Personnel and allow PSSA to throw 500 more targets. Plus give our Campers 4 days to utilize their spots! May be smaller individual attendance, but will be an event that our Officers and Staff can more easily manage.

Jon Reitz likes this.
  4. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

Good business move . Been struggling for help
    to long can’t please everyone !

5. Tom in PA

Tom in PA Active Member

The timing is kind of a bummer since I can't be in 2 places at once. Going to the Westy would save me a ton of money but the kids want to go to the CC.

oleolliedawg likes this.
  6. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

7. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Mega Poster

Not a good move. Time for you to get on the EC.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  8. oleolliedawg

If I was 25 years younger I'd give it a whirl.

9. TJ80

TJ80 Active Member

Elysburg is 3 hours closer so that’s where I will go.

10. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

DEDPAIR,

The attendance demographics on RJStuart shows well over 97% of the attendees at the 2021 Westy Hogan shoot were from the Eastern zone. In fact, only 18 shooters were NOT from the Eastern zone. Are you sure scheduling against the Cardinal Classic will reduce the attendance at the Westy Hogan? Or are you saying by holding the shoot in August you will be able to staff appropriately for the shoot? Since only 3 shooters from the Central zone attended this years Westy Hogan, would it make more sense to schedule the shoot against the Central zone shoot? Just some random thoughts.

11. Brad Hitchcock

Brad Hitchcock Active Member

I'm thinking it may not be a good move. Hard to compete against a shoot that gives away great prizes and trophy's everyday. Plus a few people I know already have their reservations for Ohio.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  12. oleolliedawg

We're not into fighting for a spot on the chosen one's preferred banks. The choice of usually bank 5 or nothing says Ohio here we come. When they realize they're losing entries because of favoritism they might realize it's time to change the system.

Tom in PA and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  13. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Mega Poster

Pa needs to go to a blind draw for banks. Good shooters can shoot anywhere.

14. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Mega Poster

I shot the blind draw in Kentucky and loved it. They also shoot all 100 on the same trap. That again was nice. Faster as well

15. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

Sure the good shooters can shoot anywhere. But, the corruption in PA gives the better shooters an added advantage. So they will shoot in PA. The better shooters will get the good banks. Otherwise they will go to Ohio where the banks are fair.

The names have changed in PA. Our corruption and poor sense of fairness remains.

16. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

Would be an interesting concept…..even the playing field for those who don’t donate big , average Joes and those high end shooters…have been told it would be a logistical nightmare……get some of those squared which have been entrenched in banks 2&3 and send them over to 7&8 or 11or 12

oleolliedawg likes this.
  17. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member V I P

Or 5 & 6…

PaShooter and oleolliedawg like this.
  18. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Mega Poster

No reason not to do it.

start by electing a new EC

Jon Reitz likes this.
  19. oleolliedawg

The prima donnas will complain because they might not get their preferred bank while the campers down below won't be able to walk to their traps. Good thing is the vendors might see more people. I'm all for it.

20. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

Don’t shoot near as much as before, but can recall going to PA later on in the week and asking for a position and getting the standard….”this is all that is avail unless he opens another flight(usually 7or8)…..keep checking back and most of the time a desired position opens and and you get to the bank and recognize same shooters getting their desired time and bank….magic how it opened up…….several times I turned and went home….on the other side of the coin several times visiting Cardinal was asked time and bank? And usually get pretty decent options….asked Brad one time when he was involved…his answer “Shooter Service”…..Going back to the draw system would be funWV used to run it that way and really didnt matter….out of state you shot bank 5+10 and squad 40 was the first squad out on those banks