OSTA it is time to Induct Charlie Pidcock

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, May 19, 2016.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

OSTA it is way past time for Charlie Pidcock into the OSTA Hall of fame, I presented his Shooting poweress along with his achievements at the Ohio State Shoot and the Grand American. He is still involved in Trapshootingn and still runs the Route 13 Gun Club just outside Chauncey Ohio, and very recently had a Lung Partially removed w/Cancer, and then the Hospital almost killed him by Doubling his Blood Pressure medication. I have checked his status with past Presidents and they tell me he is still on the List of OSTA HOF inductees. I would like for him to be inducted while he is still alive to accept his induction. He does not have a computer so he cannot see this.

You new shooters do not know him and his long list of Acheievements, and I understand him being overlooked. He shot with and beat some the past great shooters. He runs his club along with his wife Carol Pidcock. So OSTA can we take another look at his achievements?

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant.....................................Dr.longshot

rookieshooter and Just Joe like this.
  2. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Charlie Pidcock is a individual who is definitely qualified and should be inducted into our OSTA hall of fame. On different occasions I was a shootoff victum of Charlie. Just my opinion.

3. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Active Member Founding Member

Re-petition. Don't whine here, take it to the OSTA directors and officers and those on the HoF committee. Lobby for it. As a past HoF committee person, there are alot of names on that list for alot of reasons. If it isn't brought to the top for consideration, then it will get passed over by those that don't know who he is. I don't.

4. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Rob I just expressed my opinion I didn't realize that in your opinion I was whining.. If I was going to whine about this subject it would probably be about someone who has been on the HoF committee that didn't know Charlie Pidcock.
    In the 60's & 70's if you hoped to win something it wasn't a good idea to overlook Charlie or Terry Zaplata or Emory Moyer (who shot on crutches and was on the 1971 mens All American 2nd team) or for that matter many others. In those days there were more Ohio ATA shooters and a lot less trophies per event making the competition very tough.
    Today most of the shooters memory just don't go back that far and a lot of our history has been lost and many great shooters have been passed over. It is truly a shame.

Dave Berlet

5. Rob Taylor

Dave, You misunderstood my comment and I put very few people in the "whiner" category, least of all you. I was the one that submitted the name Berlet for the OSTA HoF, so you are not on the "whiner" list. That being said, the list of people that we used to look @ when the decisions were made was a very long one indeed, and it had all great names on it. When the paperwork is filled out for the nominations, a description of the peoples accomplishments is supposed to be included to help with the decision. In this case Mr. Pidcock. I don't remember him from the list so maybe he was added since I have been off the committee. Several of the people on the list have descriptions of few words, for example, the Fisher Brothers if I remember correctly had the description of "Started and operated Fisher Brothers gun club" or something just as brief. Not a very glowing report that I am sure could be re-petitioned with more accolades. My whole point is that Gary is very good about spewing his form of proper ways to do things on these sites like some form of "go to guy of wisdom" and expecting his word to start the ball rolling for some kind of change or movement. It sounds very close to the way my wife speaks when she wants things done. If HE thinks that Charlie should be in the HoF, this forum is not the place, maybe He should do it the right way and not "WHINE" here about it. IMHO

6. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Thank you Dave, I could not find Contact Info for Don Cogan, but I did send a letter to our OSTA secretary Noreen to the barely readable address at bottom of OSTA
    Web Site, asking her have the board re- look at the list of Charlie's Achievements I sent in twice.
    Gary Bryant....................Dr.longshot

7. dr.longshot

Personally I know of many other Ohio Shooters of the past that should also be looked at, Maybe we should bring our HOF up to date with more than 2 Entrys
    Giving that HOF recognition why they are still alive and kicking, would be the best thing the Ohio HOF can do.

I also give the OHIO HOF members and those on the selection committee a thank you for a very hard job, The peoblem is they are a younger generation and not apprised of their Older OSTA members Significant Wins and abilities. I want all of them that have done Trapshooting an Honor

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant.........................................Dr.longshot

8. 16gun

16gun Active Member Founding Member

Gary, I agree with you. Charlie should have been in the hall along time ago. Charlie was a great shot and tough competitor for many years. He has also been a great ambassador of registered (ATA) trapshooting even though he didn't shoot registered targets at his club that I am aware of. His club is where I started shooting in 1976. Good guy vote him through HOF comittee. Jerry

dr.longshot and Just Joe like this.
  9. dr.longshot

Thank You 16gun, I sent a 3rd letter to OSTA secretary Noreen Snively and asked the Board to look at the Records of Charlie Pidcock I sent them TWICE before.
    He has had a HELL of a lot more accomplishments than the last 4 that were inducted.

The problem seems to be they are younger shooters and do not know what went on in ATA shooting 46 years ago.

Is their favoritism going on w/HOF induction committee?
    Gary Bryant.....................Dr.longshot

10. Rob Taylor

I thought you were going to leave this site.......You have to be the biggest A__ out there. "Is the favoitism going on". Why don't you SHUT UP, STEP UP and participate instead of jeering from the crowd? OR move on!!!

11. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

I would say the biggest A______ out there just posted the above.

12. Rob Taylor

Awwwwww, and I don't remeber thinking 1 bad thing about you. Oh well, can't make everyone happy and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

13. dr.longshot

Last I heard we still had Freedom Of Speech!, Let the words fall where they may. I dare anyone to post accomplishments of shooters for a Comparasion, Including State wins, and Grand American Wins, as well as accomplishments regarding Support of Trapshooting since no longer Registering, I Rest My Case. Document your response above and prove me wrong.

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant.....................................Dr.longshot

14. dr.longshot

Charlie Pidcock had Surgery to remove cancer from his lung, and is now undergoing Chemo treatments, Charlie was taken to hospital last Friday June 10th from his Gun Club because of Complications of Medical Treatment, he is now confined to his home undergoing treatment, I talked to him Tuesday after going to Hospital on Sunday finding out he was released. Please give prayers as I am for a complete recovery.

May God Bless You Charlie Pidcock

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant...............................................Dr.longshot