Odds that the $318,000.00 electric bill is paid before August? VOTE!

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Jun 14, 2016.

?

What are the chances the $318,000 WSRC electric bill is paid before August?

1. 100% sure it will.

2. Slim to none.

3. 50/50

4. No one cares.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

I posted the $318K electric bill for the WSRC. What are the chances it gets paid before August?

wpt likes this.
  2. theloudone

theloudone Guest

What are the chances the shoot happens if it is paid or not?

Chooter likes this.
  3. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

theloudone,
    Why not start a poll and see what the finding (ideas) might be ..? I don't think they charge for them ... Will probably find a majority in the "who cares" vote of that also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

If Egyptian Electric Dis-Connects power as it should to maintain Integrity of it's Membership that pay their Bills Promptly, The shoot will not be held

GB...........................DLS

5. wpt

EEEC is a regulated, member owned company so there is not anything the Politicos can do to them if they choose to eliminate ( dis connect) the service at a minutes notice or at any time ... The State does not and cannot afford to pay billions of dollars in bills that have gone unattended to , so this is one of many ... Prime time would be an opportunity to put the pressure on any and all involved once an event gets started ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  6. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

WE WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH THIS GRAND IS GOING TO COST SHOOTERS. It was great ride while it lasted. I would not want to be remembered as one of the group that murdered the sport of trap shooting. Their attitude and actions have taken the great feeling out of the sport. Roger C

7. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

After all this time being in arrears, I highly doubt the electric company will shut this "Park" down.

Other members of the co-op will just let things roll along because it is the State.

YES, the shoot will be held, you can bet on that !

8. wpt

Roger,
    Think a bunch, add a bunch more and a bag of chips to it ... The ATA is like a run away train with no one at the controls and a "who cares" attitude which has placed them firmly in the position they are in since before the move to Sparta, Ill .... The No tell thing does not work on most occasions, seriously doubt this one would be any different ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. shotguntd

shotguntd Member

would not it be funny if they shut off the electric during the shoot and the ATA would have to pay the bill to continue.

dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  10. Kiehl

Kiehl Well-Known Member

Do you think the state will pay for it? Why?

11. The governor vetoed the $200k needed for road repairs last summer. The place has been left to rot on the vine.

12. wpt

The State (IDNR/WSRC) openly admitted on its own web site that the site needed repairs that were considered to be safety issues, they were not specific or pin pointed but the amount of additional funding needed to make such repairs amounted to just a tad under $200,000 .... The State having posted this information would be putting them self in jeopardy of law suits if by chance anyone got injured on the site ... The chances of ever collecting would be slim to none because the State is self insured but if the ATA was entered on a lease agreement and there was a hold harmless clause all recourse would revert back to the ATA as the tenant in charge of said property ... There has been no mention of the existing mold (toxic) issues that were found onsite on any of the States web sites as of late ... If there are safety issues and toxic mold issues it will be like shooting trap in a toilet for lack of a better description ... This would not be the first place the State of Illinois has vacated and left to rot (so to speak, as mentioned above) over many years ... Google Meigs Field if you want a great read on how they do things ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Has anyone on here actually been out there lately to see the roads, camping areas, etc. ?

I would love to hear first hand about these problems that seem to be getting worse all the time.

If these are safety issues, Wow, this could get sticky.

14. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

What about the taxpayers of Illinois ????

Sooner or later the lame-stream media will let them know .... a few overweight "Trapshooters" are at the "Complex" running the "electric bill" up to a much higher level.

Just how happy will the taxpayers be seeing a 80k increase for "a couple of weeks" of shooting clay targets ????

The "cost" of the "Grand" may be much more than a "dollar amount". Carry on "ATA" leaders, your check will be there at any "cost".

Roger Coveleskie and wpt like this.
  15. langer

langer Well-Known Member

Does the EC have the authority to pay the electric bill?

16. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Maybe the OSTA thought those flashlights they gave away would come in handy for anyone going to that place in Il.

17. jhunts

jhunts Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Well, I know that the or at least some delegates probably think so, because of this in the by-laws.

ARTICLE IV
    BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Section 3: Powers.

(c) The Board of Directors shall have the power and does by these presents delegate to the Executive Committee full and complete authority to do all things in the time intervening between annual meetings that the Board of Directors could do if it were in session.
    upload_2016-6-28_19-30-9.png

wpt likes this.
  18. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

If by doing that are they then acquiring real property or is the real property they have use of now going to cost them over 50K. Is that in conflict with this....?

real 2.png

19. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

I am unconvinced that paying that State's electric bills would fall under normal business.

Definition of real property improvement:
    Improvement to real property means "a permanent addition to or betterment of real property that enhances its capital value and that involves the expenditure of labor or money and is designed to make the property more useful or valuable as distinguished from ordinary repairs.".

Having electric might make the property more useful.

wpt likes this.
  20. wpt

I'm not sure there would be or an authority needed to pay a bill for someone that in the rears, the electric company don't care where the money comes from only that it comes ... The real question would be if the EC would be over stepping their authority and it appears they would be ... Now, there is the see if we care if you like it or not we (EC) are going to do what we want and don't care if you like it or not thing ... The rules are the rules unless you are on the EC, ED, or one of the Good Ol' Boys, then your butt is covered ... The Members need a good Attorney acting on their behalf to keep the ED, EC and some of the BOD in check and keep them from running the Association into the ground ... There are laws ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

21. Michael McGee

Michael McGee Mega Poster Founding Member

Signature Sponsors?

wpt likes this.
  22. wpt

the lack of information based on fact anything is possible, probable, tentative, and if all else fails they can come up with another MOU ... Terry Dean said the donation made by the Martins would not even pay for a new pick up truck so it obviously won't cover a bill that exceeds 50K, ( just a guess ) ... I would bet even money not one of the EC, ED, or any of the BOD will even donate back the expense checks they get for attending not to mention the amount of a new $16,000 shot gun ( another guess as to amount ) that the out going president will get for trying to stay awake during the meetings and having to travel to shoots and create more expenses so he can represent the membership, plus his petty cash in the amount of $20,000 for incidentals so he can play big shot on the members money ... There was a list of "Signature Sponsors" on the ATA web site (shoot ata.com) , it did not appear to be very many and its any body's guess as to how much it would add up to ... The amount advertisers pay to put ads in the program could be quite a bit but it would be a guess as to how much that could add up to and where it would be used ... Probably considerably more than a new pick up truck even in today's market ... Time will tell, and the clock is running ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

23. Live Oak

Live Oak Well-Known Member

The state does not care. Why should we?

24. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

Sort of playing out like a Soap Opera.
    I suppose the ATA will pull a Rabbit out of the hat at the last minute.

Regards.......Gerald

Flyersarebest likes this.
  25. wpt

History Buff posted a new and update version of the electric bill for the WSRC , which is a verified legitimate copy stating the charges are now almost $340,000 in the rears ... Pathetic and pitiful on the State part to ignore anything to this degree , this is ridiculous ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

26. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

The electric company will state it will disconnect ant the ATA or a third party will pay the bill so the shoot will go on. If I was on the electric company board that's what I would do as I know what the ATA will do.

wpt likes this.
  27. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

They will pull it out of someplace but hat isn't the first place I thought of.

wpt and Michael McGee like this.
  28. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Did anyone else notice how Egyptian Electric seemed to tone down their delinquency warning?

APRIL INVOICE

2016 Notice-04.jpg

MAY INVOICE

2016 Notice-05.jpg

wpt likes this.
  29. wpt

If someone owed me that amount of money, I seriously doubt I would be very pleasant with them, to say the least ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Ken Cerney likes this.