Notice the ATA doesn’t make it easy to compare attendance numbers.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Union Strong, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Union Strong

Union Strong Well-Known Member

Why is that?

2. WillieG

WillieG Member

Take a look at scores.shootata.com. I think it only goes back to 2018.

3. Orangeman

Orangeman Active Member

It doesn’t show attendance.

4. Orangeman

Orangeman Active Member

How many shot in each shoot yesterday?

5. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

According to scores.shootata.com
    898 singles
    894 handicap
    725 doubles

Ron Burdick

6. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

From the looks of the high scores, the weather must have been GRAND.

7. jamesbalog

jamesbalog Mega Poster

Pretty sure there’s a whole breakdown of attendance numbers in the grand program

8. CCfan

CCfan Active Member

It is much easier on the RJ Stewart system. There is a chart in one view for past dates without changing screens. I agree with op, they could make it easier. You need the grand program opened on your laptop and today’s results on your iPhone. Then you can quickly check past years. Not that any EC members care. Lol

9. trapping_todd

trapping_todd Member

Scores.shootata.com. Select the shoot you want to look at. If using a computer on the left side click on 'Event Statistics' and you have all the attendance numbers. If on a phone at the top click on the three lines then 'Event statistics' and you get the same numbers. Doesn't get much easier than that.

10. CCfan

CCfan Active Member

Trapping Todd
    You can only see this year’s attendance. RJ shows you the last 8 years and the percentage up or down on the same page. So you are WRONG! It gets much easier. Because RJ wants you to see if the shoot is up or not. And you can see trends for the last decade. The ATA wouldn’t want that. Yikes!

11. trapping_todd

trapping_todd Member

I am curious where I am WRONG! I simply stated where you can get the numbers your were seeking. Unless of course you are just a complete root and are one of those that must always be right. Enjoy your 5 minutes of fame.

12. CCfan

CCfan Active Member

Trapping
    Tell us again where you said we can can find the trending attendance figures. Where does the ATA show the last 8 years along this years figures? What site shows last year with this year on the same page?

13. DEDPAIR

DEDPAIR Well-Known Member

14. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Have all this events been shot already?

15. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Brad, Only events 1-15 have been shot. Event 15 is still being shot today but I’m sure the entries are closed as it’s a 200 bird singles event.

DC

16. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Don that's what I thought so how can you compare the events after today to other years. Even though it is Sparta I'm sure someone will come and sigh up that ain't there now. It would be nice to go back 10 years or so yo see the trends.

Can you remember the last year the SCTP was at Sparta and what was the crowd that year like. I'd also like to see what the first and second Sparta grands had for attendance, Kenny are you out there?

17. alth01

alth01 New Member

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  18. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Brad the later are probably pre squads. Do not compare last years attendance to this years. Roger C.

History Seeker likes this.
  19. DEDPAIR

DEDPAIR Well-Known Member

Yes these were paid entries as of today. If I remember I'll post the final totals after Sat. Looks like wed-fri were up, but weekend down. I'll defer to others to open that dead horse debate on reasons behind overall decline!!

20. CCfan

CCfan Active Member

Great RJ chart. Big difference. Trapping Todd, you paying attention? ATA wouldn’t want stats like that out.

21. BRAD DYSINGER

Thanks for the info everyone.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  22. trapping_todd

trapping_todd Member

Hmm… if the ATA is so bad why do you worry about it? The numbers are there for 2018 on and if you choose to do something with them you can. If not then keep claiming conspiracy or whatever it is you do to stay happy.

Shoot well and enjoy life, you only get to do it once.

23. History Seeker

Considering the events (shells, components, Covid) these past 18 months, I would think these are pretty good attendance records for this year.

Rn3 likes this.
  24. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

GAH ATTENDANCE 2006, T&F, OCTpg22 - Copy.jpg

GAH ATTENDANCE 2007-2016, 2017 GAH Programpg104.jpg

GAH ATTENDANCE 2011-2020 GAH Program pg119.jpg

Remember, the Grand at Vandalia used to stage 19 events in the mid 90's and from 99-2005 comprised 18 events.

The first year at Sparta (2006) the Grand was 19 events.

All Sparta Grands since 2007 have been 21 or more events (24 events in 2010).

From 2012 - 2020, the Grand has had 23 events.

Of 57 State/Provincial associations, only 19 showed a drop in Grand Attendance from 2004-2006. However, as evidenced in the Shooter Poll, attendance would decline severely as just as the members told the ATA it would.

Enjoy Our History !

25. BRAD DYSINGER

Thanks Kenny but did you notice that the first graph left off the last Saturday of the Grand?

26. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

That was back when the GAH event was shot on Friday and Saturday was the Doubles Championship and Vandalia Handicap.

There was still 19 events and all are accounted for in the 2006 attendance chart. They were just moved and renamed which only added to the confusion.

The GAH event in 1998 was on Friday with 3,889 entries. The Doubles Championship and Vandalia Handicap entries, actually held on Saturday that year (1998), were moved to Wednesday and are identified as (Doubles Chmp.), 1,787 entries and (Parliament Coach Hd) 2,246 entries.

Somebody fat-fingered the keyboard and added 10 entries in the 2006 report (3,899) for the GAH event instead of the 3,889 reported in the 1998 chart.

Hope this helps.

GAH ATTENDANCE 1985-1998.jpg

27. BRAD DYSINGER

28. Don Cogan

2021 GRAND AMERICAN
    Entries per Event
    1 S 2 H 3 D 4 S 5 H 6 D 7 S 8 H 9 D 10 S 11 H 12 D 13 H 14 D 15 S 16 H 17 D 18 S 19 H 20 D 21 S 22 D 23 H 24 H
    898 894 725 975 984 786 1123 1091 881 1332 1349 1071 1354 1130 1594 1636 1363 195 1673 1384 1829 1545 1822 1840

The attendance numbers above are what is being is being reported by the ATA for 2021. Please note that I AM NOT VERIFYING THAT THESE NUMBERS ARE ACCURATE. Example: I don’t see 1840 names listed when I look up the GAH scores. I found 1814 names listed for GAH and only 1781 of those names actually shot and recorded a score. Just my observations.

29. Roger Coveleskie

DON, They will probably have the handicap up to 3500 later on. They will have a recount. You know how picky they are about the attendance. Roger C.

30. History Seeker

Considering all that has happened this year, they don't appear all that bad.

Thanks Don !

31. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The grand in Sparta has established attendance numbers over the past 15 + years, unless there are major changes made there may be plus or minus a few in attendance but nothing enough to make much of a difference ... Keep doing the same thing over and over and you will most likely not get the different result they should be looking for to make the difference ... To BUILD such a Magnificent facility in a place that is not convenient for the customer base to get to and from besides having general amenities in the immediate area is total stupidity, grossly ignorant, and a waste of money ... That also will not change over the coming years ... The ATA ED, EC, and many of the BOD have lost sight and appreciation of the membership, until that changes there is no hope ... The best thing that ever happened to Sparta was Wal Mart, even those who will NEVER shop there depends on it being there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

32. Roger Coveleskie

I counted 1808 that shot the G.A. handicap. Build it and they will come has not worked out to well. Thank you B.O.D. and the EC you ruined a great sport. Your names will for ever be linked to the men that killed the sport of trap shooting. Roger C.

wpt likes this.
  33. trapping_todd

trapping_todd Member

You guys are hilarious!! The numbers are based on paid entries, just as they have been for quite some years.

34. wpt

Two years ago (maybe 3 ) they had over 40 entries that didn't shoot due to the weather conditions, not sure if they ever had more shoot than actually registered to shoot but anything is possible ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

35. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

And those numbers STILL suck

wpt likes this.
  36. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Todd, let me help you with that.

A few years ago Gipsons Trap and Field doubled the number of entries. We printed the mistake here. I was the person that caught it. Trap and Field (ata rag) refused to correct it. I called and eventually they printed a retraction.

You knew about that right?

They could make up any number for paid entries. You can’t count that on the scoreboard. Our members are too smart for that. Try that crap at the worn out joint.

wpt likes this.
  37. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

38. trapping_todd

trapping_todd Member

Nice try to change the subject... What you pointed out in 2016 was obviously an error on an excel sheet, but I am sure no on here has ever made any kind of mistake (dripping sarcasm). It was a nice catch by you but also a completely separate issue.

If you choose to have the opinion that you are being lied to about the number of paid entries then I can't/won't stop you but you will be in error yourself.

I have no doubt that you can find any number of instances where mistakes were made. If humans are involved then mistakes will be made, by EVERYONE at some point. I personally have better things to do so enjoy!

39. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Not an error on excel sheet. Certainly you noted the part about the physical underline with a pen. That was a great thread. I remember the ATA stood by those numbers for a while. Slight mistake. Lol.

Tell us Todd who you work for at Sparta? IDNR or ATA? When did they change to paid entries? You implied you know. Isn’t shooters shooting a more accurate method of counting how many shot?

And don’t BS me with the mistakes are made bullshit. We can see thru the crap.

No graph needed here.

40. STaT mAn STaN

STaT mAn STaN Mega Poster

Fewest shooters in the GAH since the Great Depression. Congratulations Todd. Odds are 100 to 1 it was human error. Who chose Sparta?

41. Don Cogan

For GAH scores ATA website lists 36 pages with 50 names per page (1800) plus a 37th page with 14 names (1814 total). The last 33 names on the list show 0 for score. We can assume those are the folks that paid but didn’t shoot aka paid entries. So my question for trapping Todd is how did the ATA come to their hilarious total of 1840? What number will the ATA submit to the IDNR when settling up the per hundred target fee?

42. wpt

Todd,
    You surely recall the year when they had 15,000 campers and 15,000 visitors in the camping area, RIGHT ..? This was probably a typo (maybe) because no fool in their right mind would of believed that but those numbers were broadcasted, imagine how crowded the camping area (all 1,000) individual spots were with that many people in attendance ... The Lies and claims just keep on expanding and getting all the more ridiculous, all the while the place can't draw fly's if they cover the grounds with fresh manure ... The New Grand for most is now at The Cardinal Center, there will be nothing grand about any shoot ever held in Sparta, Ill except in name only along with all of the others ones using the whored out name (grand) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  43. Roger Coveleskie

Trapping Todd. You just about set a record. You got your ass handed to you on your 5th post. The shooters on here are wise to the antics of the EC, so when someone tries to sugar coat their actions, they know it is bull shit and they call them out. Now you have a nice day. Roger C.