New Rule / Agreement From Admin: Concerning password and member information

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Just Joe, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

In response to the New York anti-gun law:

New rules / agreement for the continued use of this forum.

Any user or member of this forum, Americantrapshooter.com, that discloses his password to this site, or the password(s) of others, to any government agency, foreign or domestic, will be removed from this forum.

Any user or member of this forum, Americantrapshooter.com, that discloses the passwords of other users or members to any government agency, foreign or domestic, will be removed from this site.

Any user of member of this forum, Americantrapshooter.com, that discloses the identities of any member or user of this forum to any government agency, foreign or domestic, will be removed from this forum.

Any member or user of this forum, Americantrapshooter.com, that discloses his own username to any government agency will be removed from the site.

~admin

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  2. mpolans

mpolans Mega Poster

I'm guessing several members of this forum are law enforcement, military, or are otherwise government employees. The new forum rule as written above appears to indicate they will no longer be able to be members of this forum. I'm concerned that by overreacting to a one state's ridiculous, unenforceable, easily avoided, and likely unconstitutional law, the forum may exclude many good members.

How about simply treating the New York members like big boys and girls and let them decide whether or not they want to be stupid enough to follow a ridiculous, unenforceable, easily avoided law, and likely unconstitutional law, to divulge their own logins and passwords to their state authorities?

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  3. Dobyns

Dobyns Well-Known Member

What makes you think that our government does not already have this information?

Let freedom ring.

4. Jumanji

Jumanji Well-Known Member

What will the owners of this board do if they are subpoenaed for information about it's members by a government agency?

5. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

They will be in for a battle!

Flyersarebest likes this.
  6. Charles Baker

Charles Baker Active Member

In the immortal words of Chief Puma, "It will not be a remembered fight...."

7. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Care to explain that to the rest of the class?

From reading your other 19 posts since you joined, I think I know what you are implying but why don't you tell us.

8. Charles Baker

Charles Baker Active Member

I don't think the rest of the class needs explanation